Rough River 2008

Ticket prices for September 2008 appear to have doubled this week. Round trip from Newark NJ to Louisville for is about $1,000 per person right now. :irked:

If that doesn't get much better, I'll have to finish my plane before I get over there, or something...

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how much are they going to charge for lunch on saturday? :cool:

There was no charge for lunch. It was donations only.

However, after some time, some began collecting and it seemed at that point one seemed obligated to kick in $5. It's not what I wanted. Maybe we can come up with a better process next year.

Mike LaFLeur - Cozy MkIV #1155
N68ML
76225.gif

With all possible doo doo respect, John M...

John S. has a plane that DOES fly...for whatever cock-o-maimie reason it may not like flights several miles beyond its home base, but it IS flying.

I would be careful where that loaded finger of yours is pointed.

According to your website, you unfortunately won't be able to make that claim until the year 2034. That can't be real..tell us again it ain't really so.

For some-Having current hours, or, "time in type"...should mean less time on keyboard type...and more in the epoxy 'type'.

Jus' kiddin'.

hmmmmm? [there should be a drumming fingers icon listed]:scared:

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Edge.

It was a loaded question from Remi, so don't go getting all righteous". John Slade does not need your defensive measures.

If someone had made a similar wise-ass comment to me, I would have responded just like Jon did. I have never seen so many people with such short fuses... Thank God I don't have to work with a bunch of airplane builders.

Andrew Anunson

I work underground and I play in the sky... no problem

Edge.

It was a loaded question..., so don't go... all righteous". John Slade does not need your defensive measures.

I have never seen so many people with such short fuses...

You know I just got so involved in shooting chaff outta my aft end in John S.'s behalf that I just sounded righteous. Not so.

No short-fuse I assure you, just making an lobservation over the wall. It really was more of a fuzzy grenade than an edgy one.

If I was WAY outta line...I apologize. I just thought Remi made a decent suggestion to try and lure JohnS. out of his nest...and it was met with a cold shot. Hang me.

If theres an element of truth there somewhere...hmmmm?

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

...and it was met with a cold shot. Hang me.

If theres an element of truth there somewhere...hmmmm?

It was an honest question. Why are YOU so sensitive about what YOU think I meant by it? I genuinely wanted to know. For all I knew he made Rough River 2007 since I wasn't there.

Answering Remi's original question, I'll pass thank you.

It was an honest question. Why are YOU so sensitive about what YOU think I meant by it? I genuinely wanted to know. For all I knew he made Rough River 2007 since I wasn't there.

I think, given your level of insertion in everything cozy-wise, you are pretty savvy as to John's exact progress and lack of attendance. Call a spade a spade. It was a dig. I'm not an advocate of Johns engine choice, but here I am standing up for him. Forgetit.

Self confessed Wingnut.

I think, given your level of insertion in everything cozy-wise, you are pretty savvy as to John's exact progress and lack of attendance.

Unbelievable assumption on your part.

If I was WAY outta line...I apologize.

Apology accepted.

Forgetit.

Forgotten.

Does anyone know if there was a video/dvd produced this year for the RR Fly-in? If so, who did it (email please) and the $?

Bruce,

Don Jones produced a dvd of PHOTOs he took at RR. It sounds like he took some air-to-air shots which did interest me. I've read good things from the people that already purchased one.

Below is his email.

Group, there are 639 hi-resolution photos

on the disc that I have offered. 153 of them are air-to-air shots of Steve

Wright's Stagger Eze, JimEvan's and Willy Wray's LongEze, Dennis Purduski's

Vari, Roy Shannon and Terry Crouch's Quickies as well as a few of my

VariEze. It was a thrill beyond description to be setting there in Dave

Russell's C-172, with the seat back removed in reverse position, so as to

allow me to shoot through an open window as these guys tucked in real close

to our 4 to 5:00 o'clock position. The beautiful lush and gently rolling

Kentucky landscape provided some impressive background to frame the

distinctive shape of our Canards, simply gorgeous.

Many of you have written expressing your appreciation of the photos and time

spent doing this project, I thank you for your words of encouragement. View

all or part of the disc on your PC or Mac's slide show function. This allows

for a great deal of flexibility on the user's end. You can freeze frame any

photo for closer viewing, blow it up for finer detail, save the file to your

hard drive, use any of the photos as a screen saver, move any file to your

post processing software and tweak it to your liking, print any file from

your photo printer, print a file to disc and take that to a local print

shop, or contact me to print it for you in sizes up to 13X19" in border-less

fashion. I do all of my photo prints using Canon Pro Equipment with Canon

Pro Ink and Paper rated for over 100 years durability. It doesn't get any

better than this.

Doing a little simple math, there are 486 additional photos of the planes,

their pilots and GIBs, builders, suppliers,

activities, the grounds in general, the latest modifications, and a number

of action shots of the planes moving about and in the air. It is my opinion

that this is the best way to both remember RR 2007 or in case you were not

able to attend, see for yourself what it was like.

The photos really do capture the spirit of actually being there.

The cost of the Photo DVD is $25.00 including packaging and shipping.

As usual, if you are not satisfied for any reason, return the disc for a

$20.00 refund. To order, shoot me an e-mail and/or send payment to my

address below with your address.

Don Jones

9917 San Madre Dr.

Knoxville, Tn. 37922

I just ordered one and had it mailed to our US forwarders. Anyone in OZ that would like to buy one, I'll be happy to consolidate an order. I have a small stash of Cozy supplies that my in-laws are getting ready to send over, a few more DVDs will not be a problem. Contact me privately and we'll make arrangements with Don.

As a fellow photography, I'd like to help Don. I know he's not getting rich over this.

Drew Chaplin (aka the Foam Whisperer)

---

www.Cozy1200.com - I'm a builder now! :cool:

---

Brace for impact...

I viewed mine last night and the quality of the photo's are excellant. There are about a billion of them, too. It is a nice archive for future looking when you need a shot of a certain looking nose, turtleback, wheel pant, panel shot, etc....you get the idea.

Well worth the $25.00. This is my second purchase of video/photo work from Don, He is a stand up guy who gives you more than you pay for. Both times he sent me my disk just for asking and trusted me for the money.

I highly recommend his product. I think he said that he is up to date on orders and now has a bit of stock on hand, so you should not have to wait long.

Kraig

As an active participant/provider in the past 2 luncheons, I had no expectation of reimbursement. Unfortunately, the issue of contributions have tainted the spirit behind the motive. I, for what it's worth, will not be involved in future collaboration with said activity.

'Tis a shame that such a wonderfully innocent idea has evolved into a perceived for-profit endeavor and effectively induced a state of unreasonable expectation.

I would like to make a proposal of confining future luncheon activities as private gatherings, i.e., potluck.

It's apparently unrealistic to appease the masses...

*Activate flame suit ON*

Remi Khu

Cozy Mk IV

Plan #1336

I kind of agree with you Remi: I figure if they collected money for the lunch they should have reimbursed those of us who popped enough to buy a lobster dinner for a hot dog lunch. Just my .02 STeve

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

It's apparently unrealistic to appease the masses...

aww don't feel discouraged Remi. :sad:

I think there was too much said about the food by too many who didn't actually put any work into it. It's always a little uncomfortable when money needs to be talked about even when it's just a small amount.

Anyway, it's imperative the feeling of the event is not lost and strong feelings do not overrun it, so maybe a new plan is required. It was a bold idea to shout everyone lunch.

S

I for one was grateful and relieved to not have to make the trek to the Lodge and eat Lodge food, not to mention I was sort of busy.

Thanks to those of you who made sure I did not go hungry or thirsty.

I do not think a soul is denying thanks for the wonderful weenie roast, the fabulous chili etc etc, the services rendered were above and beyond.

Aside from some other underlying issues, the contention came afterwards when a few individuals enquired about the total funds collected and the response was that it was none of their business. At that point any and all goodwill sort of goes right out the window. Whether or not intended, that kind of attitude indicates subtrefuge and deception and when there is money involved thats just bad form. If that is the kind of attitude that prevails amongst friends trying to put on a simple pot luck I think it may just be better not to do it at all until people can learn to play better together. In that much I am really dissapointed, we all had a good thing going.

Regards, Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

[snip] that kind of attitude indicates subtrefuge and deception

I would like to suggest this is an error in perception. My *guess* is these folks didn't want to talk about money because they did not care whether they recovered their own cash or not.

If that is the kind of attitude that prevails amongst friends trying to put on a simple pot luck I think it may just be better not to do it at all until people can learn to play better together.

Maybe you are correct, as I wasn't there, but if you are not then you have drawn a fairly solid conclusion on the basis of your perception. I have discovered this often proves to be very wrong.

Lecture withheld.

S

I hesitate. But after being involved in the train wreck obliquely I will say that it was tasty and nice, until...and it is sad. But Remi is right to just let the guy who claimed all the success, just take care of it all next year. Said fellow, "the guy", felt HE was the key element... then he can figure it out without guys like Steve Harmons 45 dollars of potato salad. [steve didn't snivel- didn't say anything, except under his breath to the lady who he had to arrange to make it for him at the corner diner. He just took it on the chin... and later was helped a little bit by some of us -after he muttered what it was going to cost him to live up to his commitment] Anyway, I am sure all who contributed felt okay until the moment of truth regarding the credit for a nice RR & the commandeering of the donations... by the self appointed Pumba, and that is where the problem lies. If next year the call goes out for food assistance I hope he has the good wits to handle it with a bit more tact and diplomacy. [and I'm sure folks who are flyin' on commercial aircraft will not be offering to provide 15 pounds of potato salad next year etc-as theres not a Costco in sight of the county for reasonable procurement of mass quantities, so says Beldar].

Self confessed Wingnut.

I kind of agree with you Remi: I figure if they collected money for the lunch they should have reimbursed those of us who popped enough to buy a lobster dinner for a hot dog lunch. Just my .02 STeve

I was going to keep quiet on this, but as I've hosted a couple of these "get-togethers" at SNF, I guess I should offer my 2c. and the other side of the coin, so to speak.

The whole premise of this type of event is it lives, or dies, on donations and good will. Some people donate food/time, others donate cash. That's it. No divvying up the Treasure. No voting. No debating. Just eating and camaraderie. If you pony up a Lobster dinner without a previous arrangement for reimbursement..... you just donated a lobster dinner. It's bad manners to ask for a rebate from someone you just gave a gift. (Unless you're a politician. :irked: )

Rather than criticize, have your own pot-luck dinner next year, collect donations, (or not), and let the masses decide. That way everyone gets fat and happy.:) (I promise to come to each and every party hosted. :D )

My suggestion: Let's all vote with our presence and/or participation instead of words. If you don't like it, don't come.

Let's keep it that simple. If we don't, before long, we'll be having debates on how much of the money should be going to children's healthcare.:rolleyes:

"I run with scissors."

Cozy MKIV N85TT

Phase One Testing

http://home.earthlink.net/~jerskip