Rough River 2008

TANSTAFL! If you can tell me the origination of that acronym and who said it first, I will give you a free beer! First correct response only!

Robert Heinlein, "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress". I drink Guinness, and won't be at RR. And it's TANSTAAFL. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

Extra points for having actually read the book.

Nope.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just talked to mike aka DUST, and with the kemo starting this week for 6-8 weeks it is slim to nill that he will leave her side (and i dont blam him).

so i will some how get the cash from last year(still in the same can)lol.

i have a big list and i fear there will be no room for beer:bad: but on a side note there will be 10 cases of soda,200 dawgs.

i and looking for a pot to heat the dawgs and chilly, and i think dust can get one from doug H. but it would be nice to have one for the chily??????

any one going by car ? and have one ?:feedback:

Steve M. Parkins

Ticket prices for September 2008 appear to have doubled this week. Round trip from Newark NJ to Louisville for is about $1,000 per person right now. :irked:

If that doesn't get much better, I'll have to finish my plane before I get over there, or something...

320.00 round trip seatac-kentuky , car 150(3days) room 76.(one night) 2 days ago

Steve M. Parkins

Fondling canards for three days... priceless! :envy:

Bruce

We'll have to video a spoof of Chris Hansen on Nightline doing "To catch a predator"

"To Catch a Canard Fondler"...what does a Canard Fondler bring on a date? Mike's Hard Lemonade and Capt. Morgans? :ROTFLMAO:

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Okay, looks like I'm going for sure. Dust asked me to deliver the hot dogs. No problem. I'll stuff them in the trunk, map pouches, glove box, seat back pouches. ;) I'll be there Friday.

In that case, get old fashion links, just bring the first one, the rest will follow :D

But please... put them on ice, no amount of preservatives will make up for a day in a hot car.

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Robert Heinlein, "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress". I drink Guinness, and won't be at RR. And it's TANSTAAFL. There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

Nope.

Ha, you win! :D Too bad you won't get to collect. Sorry! Guinness with the nitrogen rocket inside, good choice! Brilliant! Double extra points for spelling corrections. I didn't even look it up on the internet so it was off the top of my head.

I guess I'll have extra room in my cooler for hot dogs or something. I'll bring a guiness if you can show up just in case.

Well I guess steve gets a beer, but no extra points. Internet searches... sheesh. Makes it almost too easy! What was the protagonist's name in the book as told in the third person?

Manuel Garcia O'Kelly Davis

Don't bother bringing the Guinness - I won't be there. You can owe it to me.

... then ill go to a store and get all the stuff we need for food and drink then drive down to RR...

I'll be bringing 64 +/- sets of cutlery; catsup, mustards, and kraut. I *may* buy napkins and plates locally, unless someone else...

I know there's gonna be a bunch of kewl door prizes to be given away Saturday PM, so if anyone is sitting on the fence about attending...

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

Manuel Garcia O'Kelly Davis

Don't bother bringing the Guinness - I won't be there. You can owe it to me.

Ha! Trick question! The story was told in the first person, not the third! But you said you hadn't read the book so, damn the internet search engines and your correct answer! :cool:

I'll hold the Guinness for you.

If there is electricity, I can bring at least one and maybe two of the 18 quart roaster ovens to keep things warm. I will get there on Sat. morning.

If they rig it up like last year, there will be electricity under the big tent run from the nearby building.

--Ed Savage

Cozy Mark IV #1032

Anyone know if any presentations are planned? If so, who brought the projector last year? And the screen? I know it was hard to see during the day. Maybe the presentations can be moved to the evening after dinner when no flying is going on?

--Ed Savage

Cozy Mark IV #1032

Who was the most excellent DJ last year? the tunes he was playing were pushing all the right buttons.

Jerry, if you get a cabin, can we sleep in your driveway?... potti priveledges?

18 QT roaster... can I sleep in there when you are not using it?

Seminars? ah no, I'd rather see people out on the ramp talking about canards.

Maybe I should bring some new cookware and do a cooking demonstration? :ROTFLMAO: NOT!

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Me too, though Nick's presentation last year was kinda interesting. If not a wee bit long :o

KISS. Bunch of canard jockey's, bunch of builders, bunch of future builders; all yacking canards. And canard suppliers too! ;)

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

Maybe I should bring some new cookware and do a cooking demonstration? :ROTFLMAO: NOT!

...Chrissi

Don't worry, I'll bring my camp stove as well so you can do the demonstration! :D It's just like epoxy work right?

I'm not against people sharing information with a crowd of people, we do that thing all the time with LoVac demos etc, but I'd not want anyone to feel they were being rude by doing something else like roaming the flightline. If people want to hive off and discuss how to do stuff that would be a good thing.

Like talking about strake building, its something to sit down and talk about if you have not done it yet.

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo