Rough River 2008

I am surprised that a local vendor doesn't bring a grease wagon truck to the Kentucky State Parks to sell food at the Fly-ins. I'm not saying that it would be an improvement, but food sells (and yes it costs money).

As an aside, I wrote to the State of Ky this summer to request that they reinstate the sale of aviation fuel at the state park airports. Their reply was that they are looking for privately owned "operator" to run the three airports at the state parks, and they would soon be taking bids. Once an "operator" controls the Ky state park airports, things could change. Maybe food, fuel, who knows. :confused:

I just hope our relaxed fly-in is not changed by for-profit organization.

Andrew Anunson

I work underground and I play in the sky... no problem

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole premise of this type of event is it lives, or dies, on donations and good will. Some people donate food/time, others donate cash. That's it. No divvying up the Treasure. No voting. No debating. Just eating and camaraderie. If you pony up a Lobster dinner without a previous arrangement for reimbursement..... you just donated a lobster dinner. It's bad manners to ask for a rebate from someone you just gave a gift. (Unless you're a politician. :irked: )

I'll reiterate that I did not expect or want compensation/reimbursement for my contribution. My bone of contention is in line with the Cozy Girrrls' observation of the treasurer's attitude. Enough said.... moving on.

Remi Khu

Cozy Mk IV

Plan #1336

I'll reiterate that I did not .....

No need to reiterate, Rhemi. I am (hopefully everyone else is) aware of your stance. And my statement was not directed at you.

My reason for wasting time here was to try to bring this issue back to earth. I really appreciate the cookouts. Somewhere on one of these forums, someone, a while ago, suggested the profits from the RR cookout be given to pilots which were giving rides. SHEESH!! What about the children who need healthcare!

Who speaks for them??!!!:D;):rolleyes:

"I run with scissors."

Cozy MKIV N85TT

Phase One Testing

http://home.earthlink.net/~jerskip

No need to reiterate, Rhemi. I am (hopefully everyone else is) aware of your stance. And my statement was not directed at you.

My reason for wasting time here was to try to bring this issue back to earth. I really appreciate the cookouts. Somewhere on one of these forums, someone, a while ago, suggested the profits from the RR cookout be given to pilots which were giving rides. SHEESH!! What about the children who need healthcare!

Who speaks for them??!!!:D;):rolleyes:

Thanks 'Skip' for clarifying. The last thing I want to do is alienate from the bloc of awesome people that I got to meet in my construction journey. The relationship, at time, is better than with my own family. :confused:

Although I have strong opinions on the healthcare access issue, expression of such belief will undoubtedly reap the wrath of my extreme left-wing friends. :rolleyes:

Remi Khu

Cozy Mk IV

Plan #1336

No it was directed at me. Jerry you dont know the whole story. I apologies for instigating this it is not worth having hard feelings against anyone. I truly enjoyed RR 07 I plan on going again next year. Getting to see my first finished Cozy and going for a ride with Marc was worth a Lobster dinner I would have given him more for the ride but I spent it on Potato salad. I also plan on helping out again. Cant we all just get along and let the little kids dads provide them health care like I provided for my children. Build on. STeve

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

I volunteered to bring to pop, like last year. I was told instead to bring potato salad because someone was already bringing the pop. I mentioned I thought it unfair or unrealistic that one person have to bring all of something for the lunch. It should be split up. I drive down on Thursday night and can't bring food that will spoil, so I declined. Steve therefore was asked/or told to bring potato salad instead (sorry Steve).

I felt it unfair that some people were asked to bring, or even volunteer to bring a lot of food, or other items for the lunch. Therefore I suggested to the organizer that he use the money collected to help reimburse those who had an outlay of cash to support the lunch. It seemed that we collected enough to pay for the lunch all together.

He agreed that it was a good idea.

I don't know if anyone was reimbursed anything yet. I know that some volunteered and don't expect anything back. I don't expect anything, but I volunteered only what I could afford. (Stuff I had left over from my daughter's HS graduation party) Even at that, I drove down on free waste vegetable oil, and I didn't buy the lobster buffet.

I'll follow up.

Mike LaFLeur - Cozy MkIV #1155
N68ML
76225.gif

No it was directed at me. Jerry you dont know the whole story. I apologies for instigating this it is not worth having hard feelings against anyone. I truly enjoyed RR 07 I plan on going again next year. Getting to see my first finished Cozy and going for a ride with Marc was worth a Lobster dinner I also plan on helping out again. Build on. STeve

You're right, I don't know the whole story. And you're wrong. It wasn't directed at you. Try not to assume facts not in evidence, (Just finished watching Law and Order.:D ). There are no hard feelings on my part whatsoever. But these dang chat-room environments are exactly why wars are fought: perceived innuendo, thoughtlessly worded posts, and that's why I'm for keeping it simple.

I would have given him more for the ride but I spent it on Potato salad.

Sorry. No more rides today. I can't afford it..... Potato salad. :(

Yeah. That WAS directed at you, Steve. Your words. Not mine. I merely extrapolated the effect of your potato salad. (You drew "first-blood" by informing me it was you I was directing it at. Wrong. I didn't know who started it.)

See how it can be read wrong?

I don't post much. And as time goes on, I seem to want to contribute less and less due to the over-sensitivity and poorly worded posts (I know, I said it again.), which lead to the ill-natured exchanges and misunderstandings we've all seen over and over again, but seem to be powerless to curtail. (Except by non participation.)

Everyone in these forums need to really think before pulling the trigger and hitting the "submit" button. Some do. Seems some of us don't.

If we could only keep discussion of Canard aircraft to honest knowledge-seeking questions and answers, and minimize, if not eliminate criticism, these areas would be a much nicer place to hang out in.

I'll do my best to not respond to any further discussion on this subject. I've pretty much covered what I feel on this issue. Hopefully, I didn't offend anyone, and some have gotten my intended message across. But it's just the way I feel. (Sorry for busting your name, Remi. :o )

Epoxy Lady is bugging me about expending too much effort on this stuff. (What does SHE know?:scared: )

Open the Pod Bay Door, Hal......

But then, I could be wrong.... Dennis Miller:p

"I run with scissors."

Cozy MKIV N85TT

Phase One Testing

http://home.earthlink.net/~jerskip

I felt it unfair that some people were asked to bring, or even volunteer to bring a lot of food

No doubt. I was the ONLY one who brought kraut, and nobody ate it! (let's just forget I was off flying during lunch, and the pickled cabbage was hidden in ma mo-cycle; K?)

I don't know if anyone was reimbursed anything yet

It's not volunteer if you (we) get paid for it. ;) But that's me.

With the # of people chowing down, perhaps dividing volunteers into the basic food groups might be an advantage? A salads Head of Staff, main course Head of Staff, condiments, drinks, lobsta w/ clarified butter, ...

I'll bring kraut :D

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

Anyway, I heard the DJ was good! :D (full version of Indagoddadavida just for Crissi)

If I cannot get a plane ride the least I can do is remenisce about my misspent teen years and the colored oil blobs on the overhead projectors. :cool:

Thank you.

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

It's not volunteer if you (we) get paid for it. ;) But that's me.

Then why the hell take donations?

I'll tell you; to help offset the cost. We ask volunteers to bring stuff; not to go broke in doing so.

Anyway. I talked to Mike this evening. He said he asked anyone to email him regarding getting some reimbursement. I think he's only paid Greg for the 6-8 cases of pop he bought. Lot's of money left.

So he's asking again. Please contact him if you spent anything on the lunch. Enough was donated I think to pay for it all.

Mike LaFLeur - Cozy MkIV #1155
N68ML
76225.gif

• 9 months later...

Wow... this thread is old (no need to rehash that old stuff I hope).

Airfare looks somewhat reasonable. I'm trying to swing a Pass from Honey and have it in my sights...

Who's going?

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Jon:

I am defiantly going I have my tickets bought and the boss has given me the time off. Even bought me a new tent so the guys from Michigan can help me put it up. I wish we would wear name tags or something so we would know who each other is. Steve build on

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

Yes it would help if you guys wear name tags, don't y'all have your local EAA chapter name tags?

Help put up a tent??? awe come on, its more fun to watch someone struggle, in fact maybe you should all wait till the same time and have a race, but first wait till I get my chair set up and get comfy with a drink first ok? This should be good :D

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Chrissie, aren't you sleeping in your van down by the river? Big Steve, don't go defiantly, go happy. Sorry Mike is stuck in China and I'm pondering still whether to go due to gas prices. I have a room this year so I won't need to wake you at 3:00AM for a hammer.

Last year we got volunteers at the last minute and all turned out great. The tent is available every year now and they'll set it up for us. To do it again we need volunteers for:

A pot to boil brats

Pop/water/beer

coolers with ice

paper plates/cups

buns

condements

anything else someone wants to bring

I can still get the brats in my little car if nobody volunteers. Big Steve brought potato salad he found nearby. We had lots of pop and beer but Remi Ku kept us hydrated with lots of water on ice. Nathan had great chili for 3 years but he's given up the build and not coming. Somebody made some great cookies and a fine young man brought a propane burner and a big pot. Wish I could remember everyone's name - sorry. Just some great people pulled it all together. Dust says he still has the money and would gladly reimburse any volunteers this year. He's not coming this year due to his wife being very ill.

My absolute favorite thing was that coffee on Sunday morning. It would be great if someone could bring a big coffee pot or two. Even if we don't get hot dogs.

A pot to boil brats

Pop/water/beer

coolers with ice

paper plates/cups

buns

condements

anything else someone wants to bring

Limited on space in the saddle bags, I'll bring mustards, catsup, knife/fork/spoon for 80?, kraut. May have room to buy plates/napkins on my way through Evansville area, may.

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

We're driving the usual mini motor home (dodge minivan) mattress and assorted parts in back.

Anyone want to save money on shipping or just pick up parts, please send us an email to our cg parts account on aol.

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo