Rough River 2008

24 hours from now I should be midway across Kansas.

Saturday lunchtime vittles packed (and a pack of name tags too!), my ETA is Thursday eve.

If you're flying, driving, riding, or walking to RR; make it a safe one. See y'all there :D

Yahoo! Let's get this show on the road!

Rick

Rick, same here - ETA of Thursday evening, leaving NC early Thursday morning. I have the tent, stove, pots, etc. and tunes in order for the ride! ;)

--Ed Savage

Cozy Mark IV #1032

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're not expecting to be there till lunch on Friday, be there for the dinner buffet anyhow .. oh joy, real KFC:irked: (where the hell is my pukeface icon Jon?)

Did I see a "we" above? Is Randi better and able to make the trip now? Hope to see you both there...

--Ed Savage

Cozy Mark IV #1032

Thanks for asking, Randi is doing incrementally better. Fortunately in straining her back she did not hurt her ability to talk so if she comes she may be less mobile but just as vocal :D

(I am so damn lucky she does not use a computer)

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Thanks for asking, Randi is doing incrementally better. Fortunately in straining her back she did not hurt her ability to talk so if she comes she may be less mobile but just as vocal :D

(I am so damn lucky she does not use a computer)

...Chrissi

Randi-- It's good to know that you will soon be getting BACK in shape.:cool:

I Canardly contain myself!

Rich :D

Well I am off I drive 3 1/2 hours to Salt Lake City to get a ride in an aluminum tube that goes 500 mph will arrive at Louisville at 10:20 tonight drive down to RR in my rental econo box. I am the guy in the camo Cat Hat. Lets all be safe getting there. STeve Build on

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

Just saw this on the velocity mailing list:

Brett and Elizabeth Ferrell made an unscheduled landing on a road in southern Indiana. They both are fine and the airplane has some damage to one wing. They were on their way to Rough River when they lost oil pressure and the cabin filled with smoke. I am overjoyed that Elizabeth did such a great job handling the emergency and I thank God they were unhurt. I am sure Brett will fill us in as soon as he gets a chance.

Dave Bertram

N350TX

Is it just me or or others getting really weary of hearing about all the incidents that happen quite FREQUENTLY with our 'homebuilts''? Here we have RR, when only70 canards are supposed to show up for a happy event and wah lah, they all cant even get there for the fun. Several recent Velo and Variezeaccidents, Jacks premature eJACK u lation on the way to a fly-in...

What is up with our diligence in maintenance or systems or whatever!!!! :confused: It's making me crazy.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Is it just me or or others getting really weary of hearing about all the incidents that happen quite FREQUENTLY with our 'homebuilts''? Here we have RR, when only70 canards are supposed to show up for a happy event and wah lah, they all cant even get there for the fun. Several recent Velo and Variezeaccidents, Jacks premature eJACK u lation on the way to a fly-in...

What is up with our diligence in maintenance or systems or whatever!!!! :confused: It's making me crazy.

I,m glade to here that they are OK

There is just to much new high tech untested stuff out there. years ago the homebuilts were built closer to certified airplanes. they were built mostly of aircraft parts that were installed by the book. test flown by the book. some times they would have an experimental part of their own design and would be testing this one new part only. now a days we go out and buy the latest wizz bang engine and electronic glass panel and trick it out with as many new goodies that we can. none of which is a tested and tried and true part. we buy these parts by how cool they look or how cool the technology is or to see who can speed the most money. which plane do we all go to see at the flyins? the ones with the most bling get the most attention. Look at all those cool anodized parts on that one, Martha! many go home with the dream of building one with even more bling without every stopping to think about who will be present during the test flight. we take our family with us on these test flights. we fly them to get somewhere we think we need to go. years ago we would fly them to fly and test something and if we got somewhere that was even better. now a days we test them only to sign off the hours so we can go anywhere we want. I have seen many that have been signed off after there test period was completed, that were not ready to sign off for any flight. I see aircraft that cannot pass an annual condition inspection because they were never built airworthy in the first place. we have lost sight of the fact that these are still experimental aircraft. many have so many experiments going on at one time that they truly deserve the name Highly Experimental or mostly experimental. we also tend to forget that when you fly an experimental aircraft EVERY FLIGHT is an EXPERIMENTAL FLIGHT no matter how many hours we log they will always be experimental flights. even when you fly it to go somewhere with the family.

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

As someone once said,"Ain't it GREAT"! RR that is!

My wife and I had a very good time at RR this year,ended up with 500 miles

driving on the old Suburban, crammed full of coolers,food,chairs, ice,etc.

Seemed quieter(I sure liked that), except for lots of good ac noise. Missed Jack M.'s beautiful plane.

I promised myself this year I will "put the big rocks in first", and work on the Defiant-N34FR each week, cause the

small rocks are filling up my container,(time) and getting my plane dusty.

Harry M. was there for my inspiration and a very sharp Long-eze by our local 750 EAA chapter builder Shannon Stewart flew in from Southern IL.

Thanks for everyones help,good advice and well wishes, be safe and Godspeed home.

A parting thought,some philosophier said, "all we have in life is relationships", let's invest in those, we all need them!

Steve Odle--N34FR

Just saw this on the velocity mailing list:

Brett and Elizabeth Ferrell made an unscheduled landing on a road in southern Indiana.

I found the news article:

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008809280516

That was some flying there at the end! Way to go Elizabeth :thumbsup:

Even found a good parking place.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

I just posted some of my pictures from Rough River on the Rocket-Boys web site. I was having so much fun looking at airplanes, visiting with friends, meeting new people and watching folks crawl around on the ground under my airplane that I forgot to take pictures when I first arrived. By the time I thought of it, the clouds moved in and made the day look very grey. Later, the sun came out. Debbie and I had a great time and I am looking forward to next year already!

Pictures here:

http://www.rocket-boys.com/shows/Rough_River_2008/default.htm

Rick Pellicciotti

Belle Aire Aviation, Inc.

http://www.belleaireaviation.com

Well, the lunch, so i am told, came off well

plenty of food, except chili, plenty of people meeting people, that is the purpose.

BIG thanks to Doug and Mrs Doug, Neverquit (Greg), Steve, Ed and the others that pulled it off. Wish I was there - next year.

On the money end (preliminary) - spent 480, had 425 from last year, collected 575, 525 carryover to next year.

The Lunch will continue!

Mike aka Dust

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/

Well, the lunch, so i am told, came off well

plenty of food, except chili, plenty of people meeting people, that is the purpose.

BIG thanks to Doug and Mrs Doug, Neverquit (Greg), Steve, Ed and the others that pulled it off. Wish I was there - next year.

On the money end (preliminary) - spent 480, had 425 from last year, collected 575, 525 carryover to next year.

The Lunch will continue!

Mike aka Dust

Ty dust, and to all the help, i did such a gr8 job doing lunch, i don't even think i was there ??? was i flying again? hum, thanks all for allowing me to roam about the planes and forgo my duties :rolleyes:

post-474-141090164326_thumb.jpg

Steve M. Parkins

I found the news article:

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2008809280516

That was some flying there at the end! Way to go Elizabeth :thumbsup:

Even found a good parking place.

Well, there isn't any scheduled service to Otisco, and we were thinking of setting something up...

Can you believe they didn't have valet?

Just goes to show you that a Velocity can merge with traffic, everyone just has to agree that fast, pointy aircraft invariably get the right-of-way.

Seriously, we know folks have questions, and we have answers, so stay tuned.

B

post-848-141090164338_thumb.jpg

---

Brett Ferrell

Velocity XL/FG

Cincinnati, OH

http://www.velocityxl.com

Back in CO after a non-stop scooter ride from Wicks Aircraft (Daddy *needed* aircraft parts :) )

Thanks to the Sat lunch crew, The Sam and Dave show hosts, and especially the pilots and builders in attendence. Will get a photo or two up shortly, need to take care of the bike first...

RIck

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

Cindy sent me the following YouTube vid / slide show. I found it interesting as it's from a non pilot, non builder point of view.

Being dialup, I couldn't download the whole thing, but the pix and embeded vids I did see were pretty cool. Should be safe for work. Click the RR link.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kybikerck

Rick

That was really fun to see so much happiness...good for you guys!!! Nice video compilation.=)

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Rick:

I learned a valuable lesson this year at RR dont put your tent close to people having such a good time. Especially a good time late at night.:cool: That is if you dont want to wake up in the middle of the night. STeve Build on

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

Rick:

I learned a valuable lesson this year at RR dont put your tent close to people having such a good time.

No doubt, the tents were a bit close this year.

How'd you do going through airport security with all that wire?

Rick