RULES AND GUIDELINES
What you can expect from the Canard Zone
The Canard Zone is committed to providing interesting canard-related content and discussion areas for its members, particularly:
a) The Mission. The Canard Zone's mission is to be the "go to" place for encouraging the sharing and discussion of all things relating to experimental home/amateur-built canard-type aircraft. Our community-wide goal is to encourage the building of safe canard-type aircraft, and to improve their popularity within the wider aviation community.
On the other hand, the Canard Zone is not to be regarded as the one and only place for such information. There are several other sources available on the Internet for canard-related information and are highly recommended for anyone serious about building and flying canard aircraft. Links and references to external sites are encouraged where applicable.
b) Secure posting, anti-censorship, and positive moderation. Members have assurance that their posts will never be edited in any way by a moderator. By design, moderators may not edit any posts aside from their own (as is the case with all members). Moderation is limited to post organization, clean-up (old For Sale items), and only when necessary, deleting posts that violate the rules below.
This is evident from the ability to dig into posts all the way back from when "the canard aviators community" (the predecessor to the Canard Zone) was launched in 2002 (those posts are still here)! Since the Canard Zone was launched on December 17, 2003 (exactly 100 years from the day of the Wright Brother's first flights) there have been several "growing pains" along the way, but even those awkward posts remain cast in Internet history to this day.
c) Privacy. Your personal information will not be sold or used for marketing purposes, ever.
d) An open ear. Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome. While not every item can be implemented, each suggestion will be reviewed and considered for how to improve the Canard Zone to provide the best experience for all members.
e) Stability and longevity. It has been a long and winding road, but the Canard Zone is here to stay.
What the Canard Zone expects from you
Please take a moment to understand the following rules and guidelines before posting.
1. Civility and Respect. If you cannot be as nice and courteous as one would expect from an in-person conversation with a stranger and their children, then please move along to somewhere else on the Internet; abusive behavior and personal attacks will not be tolerated here. Moderators will delete (not edit) the offending post.
2. Absolutely NO POLITICS OR RELIGION. Do not risk the one thing we have in common (canards) with polar topics and references. Anything remotely resembling a pointed political or religious reference will result in deletion of your post.
3. Subject Matter. Keep your posts related to the building and flying of canard-type aircraft. The only exception to this are posts made in the 'Coffee House' sub-forum, where general aviation-related topics are allowed (and encouraged).
4. Post in the Applicable Forum. To foster the knowledge base, make your best attempt at starting a new topic in the appropriate forum area. If a moderator finds your post best suited for a specific area it will likely be moved (no worries, any link references will remain the same).
5. Succinct Post Quoting. For best reading by others, make an effort to quote the relevant parts of the post you are replying to and remove the rest. It usually is never the case that the next reader desires to re-read the entire content of the post you just replied to. Try to use quoting "surgically" to provide context to your answers. Moderators will not likely comment on "violations" here, but you might expect to be ignored by the member community.
6. Avoid Post Noise. The Canard Zone is not intended to be a one-liner chat room, Twitter feed, or Facebook status fountain (although we may link to these services). The Canard Zone's purpose is to provide useful content, so consider that other members may not care to weed through one or two-word "me too", "ok", or "smiley" responses. Look for the "like" button for this purpose, or just add something worthwhile to the discussion -- members come here for canard information, not fluff.
Also, do not overwhelm the membership with massive amounts of content or large images within a post (including signatures, avatars, etc.). Rarely is an occasional "silly post" any issue, but there has been a case of a member spraying several forums with single-word posts which proved to be extremely annoying.
7. Inappropriate Content. Please avoid in your posts, avatars, signatures, etc., anything that another might regard to be vulgar or sexually explicit. We have people from all walks of life here, so do not expect much of a second chance here.
8. No Double Posting. Post once in the forum that is best and do not post the same content in another sub-forum for any reason. Double-posts will be removed, and if you make one by accident, just edit the content away and replace with a reason.
9. Private Messaging. Private messages should always remain private unless the other party grants permission to post publicly. Regardless, all rules and guidelines apply to private messages as well.
10. Violations. Rather than replying to a post that goes counter to these guidelines, find and click on the 'Report' link. This will bring the post to moderator attention. Typically offending posts will be removed and the member posting warned. Excessive warnings or blatant disregard of these guidelines may result in banning the member for a period of time.
11. Advertising and Commerce. Vendors and suppliers are an important part of our community, as well as individuals who may provide some sort of service to the community. You are welcome to include a tagline or web link in your signature, but please leave outright product announcements and advertising for the Marketplace forums.
Also, treat vendors and related people with respect and refrain from "bad mouthing" any company or anyone in public. The more qualified vendors we have, the better off we builders are.
TERMS OF SERVICE
The Canard Zone Forums, including its moderators, administrators, and staff ("The Canard Zone") is not responsible for any messages posted. The Canard Zone does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and is not responsible for the contents of any message posted. Should you decide to engage in activities relating to building and flying of an experimental aircraft, you do so of your own free will and accept all risks associated with such activities, and you agree to hold The Canard Zone harmless and not legally responsible should any accident, injury, or other damages occur, including death to you or others, as a result of your actions.
The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of The Canard Zone. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact The Canard Zone immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use The Canard Zone to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or with permission from the author/copyright holder. By posting material to The Canard Zone, you assert that the material is your own, is licensed to be uploaded and downloaded by other participants, is in the public domain, or is otherwise free of copyright or other restrictions. You also grant The Canard Zone a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive license to use and display the material alone or referenced by other material within The Canard Zone forums.