Occupation

Sydmoe

I am just curious what everyone does for a living to help finance their building desires.

I guess I will start. I am Regional Sales Manager for a Fixturing and Automation company. The territory I have takes me all over Michigan and Ohio as well as all of Canada since since I call Toronto home.

Unemployed and it's not financing the Cozy too well at the moment. :)

5 months ago, I was responsible for all technical and training aspects for the worlds largest manufacture of submersible pumps and motors throughout Australia and New Zealand.

Anyone need a motor expert? Actually I just interviewed this past week. Next round of interviews is the week after next. Somebody hold your breath, I need some cozy money.

Drew Chaplin (aka the Foam Whisperer)

---

www.Cozy1200.com - I'm a builder now! :cool:

---

Brace for impact...

• 2 weeks later...

I work for a NASCAR team. Richard Petty Motorsports. Dodge going bankrupt hurt us pretty bad. After the team went through layoff's and paycuts, I had to put my project on hold. Took a cut in pay but thankfully I didn't lose my job. Now back at it and starting up chapter 7.

Good Luck Drew!

Jim

Cozy MKIV #1565 (Chapter 6)

Charlotte, NC

Aeronautical/Mechanical Engineer Helping Design Jet Engines. Currently working in Computational Fluid Dynamics Group as part of the Edison Engineering Development Program. Bachelors AE/ME @ Clarkson university 2006, and Masters in ME from University of Cincinnati (Just graduated). Learning from all of the experiences I can!

-Chris

Chris Zupp

~Aircraft Designer~

Preliminary Design Sequence I: Project Endeavour

Aeronautical/Mechanical Engineer

Private Pilot

I have been an attorney since the mid ninties. Estate Planning, Elder Law, Probate and some Asset Protection stuff. However, five years ago I persued my other career ambition and became a police officer (my undergrad degree is in Criminal Justice). I am currently a police Cpl and really enjoy it. Still practice, but can be much more selective to the clients I hire. I am basking in the benefits of choice and am choosing not to currently practice much law:cool2: . I expect to do more again down the road though.

Was able to buy my Velocity kit when I unexpectanly had two clients pay me for some work....so, before I spent it on something stupid, like bills, I wrote a check to Velocity Inc.

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber

Velocity SE/FG w/yoke. Zoom, zoom, zoom.

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...

.... and rehabilitate injured squirrels.

Wildbird

Now there is a job I could get into! I would love a job like that, except I probably would have seperation anxiety when it was time to let them go.:o

I have been a carpenter for 23 years, and been self employed for the past 15 of them, and I too never hate going to work. I guess that is the important thing.

Kraig

... so it makes perfect sense that you're building a plane that is back-the-front... to match your career!

;-)

Seriously, it's nice to read about canard-folk inspired, it would seem, by Frank Sinatra to all "...[do] it my way."

When I grow up and get my PPL, and then my Long EZ, I plan to finance flying from the misery of others. That is to say, I'm a psychologist.

I have been an attorney since the mid ninties. Estate Planning, Elder Law, Probate and some Asset Protection stuff. However, five years ago I persued my other career ambition and became a police officer (my undergrad degree is in Criminal Justice). I am currently a police Cpl and really enjoy it. Still practice, but can be much more selective to the clients I hire. I am basking in the benefits of choice and am choosing not to currently practice much law:cool2: . I expect to do more again down the road though.

Was able to buy my Velocity kit when I unexpectanly had two clients pay me for some work....so, before I spent it on something stupid, like bills, I wrote a check to Velocity Inc.

All the best,

Chris

Fire Fighter/Paramedic, retired Marine, licensed General Contractor, Certified NRA Instructor. Currently not building, not surprising with all my jobs, but I hope to order the Cozy plans soon while I am laid up from shoulder surgery. I hope to study the plans during rehab and get started soon after that.

Retired from Piedmont Airlines where I flew the Dash 8. As a younger whipper snapper I flew with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Venezuela and Honduras, mostly Cessna 185's, in support of Christian missionaries. My wife allows me to use some of her income to help finance the Cozy.

Mike

I teach people how to drive racecars - trying to decide between a Cozy MkIV or a Long EZ - hope to start building this winter...

How do I sign up? =)

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Contract/consultant engineer, specializing in reliability, maintainability, logistics support and project/systems engineering for aerospace and defense companies.

I live in my RV when working away from home (99%) of the time - home base, Wifey and Daughter are in Albuquerque, I am presently in Salt Lake City and will be relocating to San Diego in about 3 weeks to work on a foreign Regional Jet program.

Worked 5 years for NASA, JSC, Houston, TX prepping the Space Shuttle and DOD payloads (yeah, spy satellites) for flight. Now, I have my own engineering firm specializing in systems integration, security, fire, CCTV, audio/video, satellite links, home theaters here in Honduras, Central America....

Cheers,

Afif Saybe

Long-EZ, HR-ATQ

... As a younger whipper snapper I flew with Mission Aviation Fellowship in Venezuela and Honduras, mostly Cessna 185's, in support of Christian missionaries.

Very cool Mike. I learned of MAF from an magazine article probably 5 years ago. They do really neat work. Amy & I send them a little money a couple times a year.

Drew Chaplin (aka the Foam Whisperer)

---

www.Cozy1200.com - I'm a builder now! :cool:

---

Brace for impact...

I am just curious what everyone does for a living to help finance their building desires.

I guess I will start. I am Regional Sales Manager for a Fixturing and Automation company. The territory I have takes me all over Michigan and Ohio as well as all of Canada since since I call Toronto home.

I own a high-performance and racing shop in Denver, worked in motorsports my entire adult life.

hrd-performance.com