Roncz Canard Plans Wanted

Steve 1

Nope! RAF does not sell them. I got one of the last back in Jan. of this year. They were closing it down at that time and could only fill my order with the items they still have on site.

The only source that I am aware of is the Terf CD.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

Thanks for the news guys. I emailed and called RAF with no response and I was going to send a check for the canard and flush rudder belhorn planss to see if the order was filled or the check was sent back.

If you have a set that is complete and legible, I would sure like to have a copy. Speaking of copy, is there a copyright still in effect?

The pitch down is excessive and in moderate rain can't be trimmed out. Heavy rain may be a real problem. I always turn away from the heavier stuff so I'm not sure how it will perform if I get caught. I added VG's and it helped some but is still questionable.

I hope to gain pitch stability.

hello guys,

terf cd contains the roncz canard plans, but there are no templates(or at least I was not able to find them on my cd), so how can you build a canard from that cd?

regards

nico

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads. (Dr. Emmett Brown)

The pitch down is excessive and in moderate rain can't be trimmed out. Heavy rain may be a real problem. I always turn away from the heavier stuff so I'm not sure how it will perform if I get caught. I added VG's and it helped some but is still questionable.

I hope to gain pitch stability.

before I would build a new canard I would try checking the contour. some of the canards were built to be light and they sacrificed the shape. afraid to add to much filler. look closely at the spar cap area on the top, if it has even a slight flat spot it will dip in rain. the other is the trailing edge if there is any lip that is rolled up it will have an effect. there are many of those canards that fly fine in rain with no pitch change at all. there is nothing wrong with the airfoil but it needs to be built very accurate in contour.

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

Thanks Lynn.

I'm headed for the hangar in a few and will look for the telltales. While flying in rain, I see water droplets forming and swirling between max chord and the elevator cut out. The airfoil is pretty much a straight line there and fairly flat without much contour. I didn't build this plane and I don't have the templates but do have the original plans.

If I can get some templates I could make a contour guage and fill the low areas wich micro?

Steve

Hello all,

I too need the contouring template for the Roncz Canard. I have bought a project with an unfinished Roncz, but the project came without the plans.

I would like to see if the canard is worth saving or start fresh.

I have the TERF CD's but all the drawings are pdf format and do not print full size, and the page with the contouring template has no measurements on it that I could use as a guide to enlarge it to the proper size.

I would be happy to pay someone for their time and trouble for a copy of the High Performance Canard Plan Set.

Curt

http://lagdamper.wordpress.com/

• 4 months later...

Just to add a tidbit of information to this thread. I bought my Roncz canard from a 10th degree black belt master builder Dennis Oleman from Iowa. I paid him to build my canard and it came out so nice that it looks like it came out of a mold. It doesnt need much finishing to complete it. I have high res pictures of the canard if you want to see the detail. If you want to go that route instead of building I will give you his number.

Tom McCormick

http://tomslongez.com

Almost done the nose section.

Do you have an estimate when the next update will be out?

I apologize for the lack of communication and progress -- it's slow, but going. My day job is where I've been at the past several months. Keep asking and I'm sure it will come (unless I get too upset by those Open-EZ plans on ebay).

I'm starting my 3rd EZ and sold my Roncz plans/templates with my last plane.

Dennis was suggested, but I would also encourage everyone to take a look at www.eurekacnc.com for absolutely perfect and flawless wing and canard cores. They're available today and are so good they look like they came out of a machine (which they did of course).

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Correct me here is I am wrong:

I am building a Cozy IV isnt the canard a Roncz canard just like the one on a Longeze? Maybe just different length and more fiberglass in the spar? When I built myLongeze I built the old gu canard. I only flew it in the rain once. It scared me so bad with an almost violent pitch down I never flew it in the rain again. Wouldnt Cozy IV templates work for building a Canard for a Longeze? I wonder if Spruce was approached if they would just sell that part of the Plans to a Longeze builder? My .02 build on STeve

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

Jon,

How's progress on your plane?

Right now, stopped.

Have you gotten to the canopy yet?

No. Any particular reason why you ask about that part?

Business has been sooo busy these past few months, but looking to create a schedule for canard building in the near future.

I need to replace mine and am collecting experiences and photos of the process. I bought a second hand canopy (new but never installed) off the forums and it got here today in pieces.... Hope Fed Ex lives up to their promises. And I hope you get back to your build soon!

And I hope you get back to your build soon!

Same here. I'm cleaning up shop -- need to get 2 airplanes worth of foam out of the way... and just get off my dime! :o

• 3 months later...

An easy solution to the Roncz canard issue is to use the TERF CD for the plans and Eureka CNC for the core. His cores are excellent and cost $200 for the Long EZ. His website talks about the subtle differences between the Long and Cozy canard.

http://www.eurekacnc.com/Home.htm

The GU has always exhibited flow seperation with leading edge contamination, bugs, rain etc. The vortelons correct some perfectly and others not so much.:mad:

Building the Roncz with Eureka cores will give you and education in the build process and with a request also probably get an experienced builder to help you along.

If the GU pitches enough to scare you in light rain, do yourself a favour and build the Roncz for the experience and the peice of mind.:cool:

Good luck! PM me if you are having trouble locating the Roncz plans and I will see if I can point you in the right direction. There was talk about posting them on the Open EZ area as well. Peace!

I received my roncz cores from eureka today and compared them to a cad drawing I have worked on. They are a near exact match. So I will share with you all what I have now that I have some backup that the scaling is correct. I welcome folks to check these out and let me know if there are any changes that should be suggested.

Roncz.pdf