VariEze Plans

Kent Ashton

AFAIK we do not have Varieze plans on this site.  A fellow here    https://www.facebook.com/groups/25741482604/     posted negative JPEG images of the Varieze build manual---30 images.  He says they can be reversed to positive with an image editor .  I don't have that capability.  Maybe somebody can reverse them and combine them into a PDF file.

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

3 minutes ago, Kent Ashton said:

AFAIK we do not have Varieze plans on this site.

Not yet. I have VariEze plans intended for Open-EZ land. The pics in that link are scaled to 8"x10", and so I anticipate the scans of the plans I have will be higher quality. Still, thanks -- I'll save for comparison.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

1 hour ago, Jon Matcho said:

Not yet. I have VariEze plans intended for Open-EZ land. The pics in that link are scaled to 8"x10", and so I anticipate the scans of the plans I have will be higher quality. Still, thanks -- I'll save for comparison.

I have PDF's of the Varieze plans. As well as Defiant, Quickie Q1, AeroCad, Long-EZ, and some others.

2 hours ago, Jon Matcho said:

Not yet. I have VariEze plans intended for Open-EZ land

43 minutes ago, Marc Zeitlin said:

I have PDF's of the Varieze plans. As well as Defiant, Quickie Q1, AeroCad, Long-EZ, and some others.

There is a fair amount of interest in the Vari, especially as avgas prices climb.  I suppose Rutan would not object to Open-Vari plans.  I have always been impressed at Gary Hertzler's mods for the engine bottom-end and cowl (pics).   Really slick.

540071.jpg

hertzler mod3.jpg

hertzler mod4.jpg

-Kent

Yes!  Gary's Vari is impressive!  VERY smooth and no wonder it makes impressive numbers!    His custom oil sump and Ellison intake  contribute to that very elegant "tail" angle!  We can all learn from the success (and failures) of others!!!!

Edited by mquinn6

I contributed my Q200 plans and full sheet to quickbuilders to improve their library. 

Was wondering if someone could scan their plan here. I certainly would want a set to reference on my vari-recovery project!

I think Burt's biggest concern is that connection point for the wings.  I determined mine are alodined (slight gold hint and does not conduct electricity (show continuity) on the surface).  To make an "vari-open-eze" viable the things that were not in the design (s-glass landing gear for instance) would have to be worked out! 

That is the spirit James.  But I agree, a bit fuzzy (blinked twice thinking it way my eyes! LOL!)  

If someone has a full set of plans that I can borrow, I can take it to a friend of mine with a good camera and setup...   I, of course would volunteer a healthy deposit (to be returned) for use of such plans to help ensure they get back to the kind sole...

M.

I've got pretty clear PDFs of Vari-Eze Section I, IIA, IIC, III and VI.  Plus the owners manual.  Not sure where I downloaded these from.

I can post them here - how do I do that?

Jeff

Edited by jridge
further clarification

I suggest starting a new topic in the Models --> Varieze section entitled "Varieze Plans"    https://www.canardzone.com/forums/forum/305-varieze/

I think you can drag and drop the files into the bottom of the post.   Maybe Jon would like to create an "Open Varieze"  model to which they can be moved.

-Kent

8 hours ago, jridge said:

Jon - What's your preference?  These are big files and I have slow internet here, so I only want to upload them once.

If you want to email them to me, I can probably post them.  kjashton AT vnet dot net

-Kent

@Kent Ashton and @jridge allow me to open up the Downloads section for user-provided content. That's the best place for files like these as opposed to sprinkled in throughout various topics and threads. Once I do that you should be able to upload here just fine Jeff.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV