Two weeks to RR!!!

Nobody has said anything about goin' to Kentucky for over a month!!! Yah'll gonna be there, or What???!!!!:brocolli::carrot: Let's hear it for the under utilized veggies dancing! (Keep in time boys! No rythm!)

Well, I'm excited about RR anyhew... I'm out in a tent this year... Lost muh room!

Hide the Beer, the Rangers here!!!

More gratuitous exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ive made the long trek over from down under and am currently in LA enroute to RR. I am still seeking an EZ ride to the NoVA / DC / Md area on the Sunday, anyone heading my way with a spare seat? I will pay half fuel of course, and you even get to listen to my odd accent (until you are sick of it) :)

Cheers,

Bruce

I'm not able to make it this year. Daddy needs new skins for the motor scooter, and they weren't included in my stimulus plan (mandatory political comment now out of the way :rolleyes: )

I have good information they'll be some peachy keeno door prizes to be awarded at the "Sam and Dave show" on Saturday evening, so if you're sitting on the fence about walking/driving/flying to see the canards at Falls of Rough...

New batch of sauerkraut fermenting in the basement, should be table-ready in about a year.

Y'all post some pix when ya git home,

Rick

PS: If anyone is flying by (and back to) KLMO/DEN, with an extra seat... I pack light, and have some spare cash in the till...

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

:carrot::brocolli::banana::grouphug:

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it

I'm about to lose control and I think I like it...

Amy & I'll be flying a C172 down. Camping right along side Lifessamsara (Bruce) or maybe the other way around.

Attention everyone, it is true that Australians drink lots of Beer. This year we'll have a token Australian and a temporary convert. So I guess I'm saying that somebody better have some beer. ;)

Glad to hear you made it over Bruce. When are you arrive at RR? Did you get a chance to get that hat?

Drew Chaplin (aka the Foam Whisperer)

---

www.Cozy1200.com - I'm a builder now! :cool:

---

Brace for impact...

Hey Drew, at least you will be able to interpret for me at RR :)

A couple of changes to my planning. I wont need you to bring camping gear as I have lined up a bed at the Lodge! On the hat, yup, but as I'm traveling light for the 3 week trip here, I decided that it would get kinda scrunched up, so I will post it to you when I get back. Yes I have purchased it already and it is sitting at home.

I'm at Beagle's place at the moment and what a gentleman, and a lovely family! Off to Reno tomorrow arvo for the races, and yes, I'm excited.

Bruce.

So far, So good.

I'm in the middle of Harvest, so I'll play it by ear. (That was a pun, Get it, Ear of Corn, get it??):cool2:

RR is about a 2 hour flight from up here in Ohio, so it will depend on Weather and harvest.

I plan on leaving here (TDZ) about 10am, should be there about noon. I'll need to leave RR about 7pm to get back here at 9pm.

Hopefully, See you down there.

Waiter

F16 performance on a Piper Cub budget

LongEZ, 160hp, MT CS Prop, Downdraft cooling, Full retract

visit: www.iflyez.com

Sadly, I will not attend. This is the third year in a row I won't make it. Last year I was in Vancouver and this year I've been told that I am going up to northern Michigan for a fall colors bike ride.

These two events had better not be on the same weekend every year!

Mike LaFLeur - Cozy MkIV #1155
N68ML
76225.gif

Hey Drew, at least you will be able to interpret for me at RR :)

A couple of changes to my planning. I wont need you to bring camping gear as I have lined up a bed at the Lodge! On the hat, yup, but as I'm traveling light for the 3 week trip here, I decided that it would get kinda scrunched up, so I will post it to you when I get back. Yes I have purchased it already and it is sitting at home.

I'm at Beagle's place at the moment and what a gentleman, and a lovely family! Off to Reno tomorrow arvo for the races, and yes, I'm excited.

Bruce.

Bruce, give the legal beagle a kick in the shins from me ;-) & get some shots of the Berkut. Cheers, Wayne

Cheers,

Wayne Blackler

IO-360 Long EZ

VH-WEZ (N360WZ)

Melbourne, AUSTRALIA

http://v2.ez.org/feature/F0411-1/F0411-1.htm

Attention everyone, it is true that Australians drink lots of Beer. This year we'll have a token Australian and a temporary convert. So I guess I'm saying that somebody better have some beer.

I will be driving down from Pittsburgh on Friday. If you let me know the beverage of preference, I will bring a cooler full. I'll just put it on Bruce's tab :D

"We choose to do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard."

JFK

Good form Richard :)

Everybody, I'm still looking for a ride from RR to the DC area (NoVA / MD). Will pay half fuel and even load your bag!

Let me know ASAP please ez_workshop@yahoo.com.au

Cheers,

Bruce

P.S. Wayne, got some shots of Beagle's Berkut, but did not pass on the 'kick in the shins'. He's too nice a guy :)

Please post Beag's Berkut pics. I wanna see.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

• 2 weeks later...

SATURDAY

I started heading down there on Saturday morning. I got about 10 minutes away from TDZ and noticed my fuel flow was below normal. Fuel Pressure was OK. I turned on the Boost pump, immediatly seen an increase in power and fuel flow. (Fuel Pressure still OK)

HHMMMM - I decided to turn back to the airport.

The fuel flow continued its slow decline along with the corresponding power decrease. I started looking at roads that would be good candidates, just in case.

I made it back and landed, but noticed a significant decrease in fuel flow.

SUNDAY

I looked at the fuel filters, they looked clear and clean.

I drained all the fuel (autofuel) and refilled with 100LL.

A short trip around the pattern, everything was OK (I didn't have time to fly longer)

Not sure if this is Auto fuel ralated or not.

MONDAY

I just chated with Don at Airflow Performance.

He told me there are two additional very fine filters on the system, and these may be blocked from very fine fiberglass dust that could have gotten by the normal fuel filter.

One is on the Servo unit itself (built into the fuel supply fitting) and the other is pressed into the Fuel Distribution spider.

He also said that burning Auto fuel isn't a problem (vapor point, etc etc), but keep in mind that it also has a lot of varnish. He recommended starting and stopping the plane with 100LL to reduce/eliminate any varnish buildup. (good idea)

I'll look at the filters this weekend and keep you posted.

Waiter

F16 performance on a Piper Cub budget

LongEZ, 160hp, MT CS Prop, Downdraft cooling, Full retract

visit: www.iflyez.com