Alternative to Brock throttle

atfloyd

I just ordered a set of throtles that are in Aircraft spruce. I forgot the manufatures name but they come highly recomended. I did not get them from Spruce but bought them directly from the manufatuer. I also wanted push pull and I also plan to install mixter and trottle in the back seat. I have the information at home if you would like it. I ordered them last week and they are being custom made for the back seat. If you would like to know how they work out contact me directly and I will get you the info as soon as I get them in.

Good Luck

Wildbird

While we're on the topic. Is a mixture lever necessary if I have an electronic fuel injected system? Seems I only need a throttle. What else?

I learned to fly in a Cessna. Before starting I had to push the primer a couple times. Is this needed on an EFI 360 as well?

Even with fuel injection, you still need a mixture. This is what is setting your air to fuel ratio---whether you want to be lean or rich of peak----and to shut off the motor.

I believe that there are applications out there which use a computer to control what that mixture is (FADEC)-----and I believe that is what you are referring to.

While we're on the topic. Is a mixture lever necessary if I have an electronic fuel injected system?

Do you have one on your car?

Not needed.

An electronic fuel injection system will compensate for air temp and engine temp (and sometimes fuel temp).

Mike LaFLeur - Cozy MkIV #1155
N68ML
76225.gif

Is a mixture lever necessary if I have an electronic fuel injected system?

I haven't gotten that far yet Glenn. I have heard that you can go either way. Most of the EFI/ECU that we see in cars use an oxygen sensor which you can get away with if you burn mogas. 100LL trashes them and as such many of those systems opt for a manual mixture control.

That's just what I've read. Seems I knew a lot more about cars back when you could set the timing by listening to the points arc. :)

Best drop an email to a factory rep.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

If you guys are discussing Lycoming sand Continentals:

You definitely WILL need throttle AND mixture controls. That they have fuel injection and/or an electronic ignition system will not matter. They will need a mixture control. (The lone rogue being the single-lever FADEC control system that Continental (?) was trying?)

If you guys are discussing auto engine conversions:

I wouldn't have a clue and I don't want to have a clue.

Wayne Hicks

Cozy IV Plans #678

http://www.ez.org/pages/waynehicks

G'day

Has anybody looked into the Throttles built by AeroConversions?

Here is the link. I am thinking I may use one, but I wanted to ask you folks if anybody has any experience with them.

Oh, here is the link:

http://www.aeroconversions.com/products/throttles/index.html

They look good from this side of the WEB. Any feedback would be helpful!

Thanks;

Jeff

I am looking for an alternative solution to the Brock throttle quadrant for my Long Ez. I would prefer a push pull system and would be interested in any sucessful applications. Thanks.

Here's one.

It's Ken Laundrie's plane. (He states he uses the cup holders all the time.)

I've copied the heck out of his installation, and am in the process of making the throttle/mixture brackets.

I got cables from https://shop.tuthill.com/Cablecraft/

Models: Throttle Friction Lock 565-555 and Mixture Control 565-550-B

Yeah Cupholders!!!!:D

post-54-14109016639_thumb.jpg

"I run with scissors."

Cozy MKIV N85TT

Phase One Testing

http://home.earthlink.net/~jerskip

• 3 months later...

While awaiting materials and parts for my canopy I got a little diverted and decided to work a little on the pitch trim and left front console. I had the materials on hand.

Unfotunatly I got a little carried away and also purchased a throttle quadrant. I have been admiring the RV quadrants for quite a while and dispite the fact that they are non-reversing I purchased one, modified the levers and installed it in my left console....

I imagine this might not have been the best desision, however I like how the final results worked out. Any comments (constructive or otherwise) are welcome.

Posted Image

Posted Image

full size images and more description at...http://www.flyingbackward.blogspot.com/

While awaiting materials and parts for my canopy I got a little diverted and decided to work a little on the pitch trim and left front console. I had the materials on hand.

Unfotunatly I got a little carried away and also purchased a throttle quadrant. I have been admiring the RV quadrants for quite a while and dispite the fact that they are non-reversing I purchased one, modified the levers and installed it in my left console....

I imagine this might not have been the best desision, however I like how the final results worked out. Any comments (constructive or otherwise) are welcome.

Posted Image

Posted Image

full size images and more description at...http://www.flyingbackward.blogspot.com/

Looks good

The main thing is to use push/pull type cable and not the pull only and the spring that is used on the Brock throttle

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

Looks spiffy. =)

Maybe just cut it so that it isnt so wide/long and interferes with your leg?

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Why not just put in micro switches with indicator leds (for up down) ?

...... for the same reason you have sight gauges as a backup to the sending units.

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

Can you actually tell if its down and locked by looking through the glass port ?

No ...... but you can tell if it's up. If you don't see daylight and you're getting ready to land ...... you forgot something.

You can also detect it the nose wheel has cleared the doors on retract.

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

Looks spiffy. =)

Maybe just cut it so that it isnt so wide/long and interferes with your leg?

Of course I had to sit in it and check it out. There was no interfierence with my leg at all, however there is no padding yet, still I doubt there will be any interference with my leg.

...... off the subject:

No window to check the nose gear?

All in due time Mann! I just need to find a scrap of plexi. I had some from my canopy, but it is curved and tinted. I tried to flatten it out by heating it in my "autoclave" with somewhat successfull results. It is still tinted, but at least flat. Anyhow It will be there eventually. :)

All in due time Mann! I just need to find a scrap of plexi. I had some from my canopy, but it is curved and tinted. I tried to flatten it out by heating it in my "autoclave" with somewhat successfull results. It is still tinted, but at least flat. Anyhow It will be there eventually. :)

I know you're sticking real close to a stock bird which is why it surprised me, PTM! :D

You're making good progress!

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

HI guys I thought you might like to see how I decided to do my throttles. I wanted a throttle in the back because I spend a lot of time in the back seat. I used the Bowden push pull cables and and baxter quadrants. I am not very good with the computer and I don't know how to shrink the images to post them on the forum. But you can see the pictures at the link below.

Keep up the good work

Wildbird

onhttp://www.wildbird.zenfolio.com

I like your solution also. Nice job on the covers.

What is the silver knob aft of the pitch trim and throttle? Carb heat?

It's the James Bondian rear ejection seat actuator!

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

The rear knob is carb heat. I haven't done anything fancy its mostly a stock ez except for the rear efis, electric gear and speed brake. It has an O-253 with a carb and mags how boring. But I am using a silver bullet prop with ken millers Hershey kiss spinner.

Wild Bird