EbayWatch: Oh dear. Oh deary me...

Spodman

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Aircraft__HOMEMADE-AIRPLANE_W0QQitemZ110328498614QQadiZ2829QQadnZAircraftQQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Aircraft?hash=item110328498614&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Home built canard type airplane project. It is approx 60% complete. It will have a fuel capacity of approx 100 gals. It is ment to be powered by 2 t-58 jet engines for airshow use. It does not have the fuel capacity to fly outside of wavered airspace. There are 2 t-58 engines included in sale, of unknown condition and no logs. T-58s are turbine engines that will need to be converted to jets. I can do this for additional fees. Wings and canard are started, no alerons, brakes, controls, interior, instruments or radio.

post-451-141090165646_thumb.jpg

Mark Spedding - Spodman
Darraweit Guim - Australia
Cozy IV #1331 -  Chapter 09
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman
www.sites.google.com/site/thespodplane/the-spodplane

Spod, Ya gotta hand it to the guy. He's defibnatly thinking outside the box. envelope, bag, er, whatever.

Nice nose on that bird. I will give him that.

Too bad the pics are so small, maybe not showing it off too well.

Make a heck of a planter out in the garden....use the canopy as a greenhouse for the succulents. Great conversation starter when guests come over for a get together.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Somebody ought to buy it. If for no other reason those are probably Steve Drybreads retract gear under there. Maybe the rest of the workmanship is okay. Who knows how the structural went to reinforce/distribute the force loads with those engines locations on the strakes. Could have eaten up fuel space.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Yah, thought so, EZ Jets helped out and at one time they had some colored renderings of what the finished plane was going to look like.

Oh great, more noise during Osh, just what we need, another gratuitous jet engine with the flight plan of a house fly.

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

From Shockly's web site:

THE DECISION TO GET INVOLVED IN THE AIR SHOW ENTERTAINMENT INDUSTRY CAME BY COINCIDENCE

Many in the air show industry claim to be the first ground act to perform at an air show, the truth is Les ran his jet dragster at the Mojave, CA airport Air Race and Air show in 1978. At that time, Les was asked by air show promoters to perform at their shows, but Les's busy schedule at racetracks would not allow him to do it. In 1987, the producer of an air show in Enid, Oklahoma saw the Shockwave at a Truck and Tractor pull in Oklahoma City and wanted to book him at his show. Les has been a longtime aviator and remembered how much he enjoyed the show at Mojave in 78 and decided to do the Enid Oklahoma Show.

Small world. Wonder how he discovered canards?

I'm wondering if this was Shockly's "Shockwave" project? Was supposed to be for doing airshow entertainment.

Doubt it very much. First of all, from the EZjet website:

http://www.ezjetinc.com/services.php

"Our main business is performing engine conversions (from propeller driven to jet) on Longeze's, Berkuts, Cozy's and Velocity's. We do these upgrades on FLYABLE planes only."

This is most obviously NOT a flying aircraft. Plus, nobody in their right mind would put two T-58's on a Long-EZ. Given the idle thrust, you'd have to run out of fuel before you could land.

For What It's Worth; from Valerie Harris to me a few hours ago (with her permision):

"Yep we started the build on this project 8 years ago. Les decided to do the rest of it himself. Now he is going through a divorce need I say more. As for the construction and purpose it was to be flown only at airshows, not to and from. And in response to Marc's comment about thrust, well there ain't any at idle. However, that paticular jet will produce about 2000lbs of thrust at full throttle or 102% without the afterburners. Les was also going to go for a time to climb in its catagory."

So there you have it. Also have to agree with Valerie on the idle thrust, idle thrust from one of these engines is like a muffin fan, or so I am told by owners.

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

airwrench: "Girls.....now I know you could pull it off, "

Not right now, we have our own super secret skunk works propulsion system going on :cool:

... I can hear the tambourine shaking over Chrissi's head, when she said that.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Eight tiny reindeer converted to a pusher configuration?:D

Yah, and first thing the reigndeer are gonna do is get Santa's fat ass into the gym and on a treadmill, 'bout time he started pulling his own weight, matter of fact I think the reigndeer are gonna ride in the sled and Santa can get out and push, so there!

Good one Jack, nope, guess again =)

I already got my xmas present last night, the CNC Bridgeport we bought a year ago and have been rebuilding ran last night all the way through a complex part, the machine and controller performed flawlessly, can't say the same for my hand written G-code but thats a simple fix, expect cool things this year, life is good, have a Happy Holidaze!

Chrissi & Randi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo