I called Spruce today and...

Ordered Chapters 4 to 9!!!!!!

:dancbana::dancbana::dancbana::dancbana::dancbana::dancbana:

Because of the size, I did not order any of the spruce longerons. I've found a local source, but it's twice as much.

I'll also be buying MGS locally because spruce can't ship it internationally. I was hoping to use 235 because it's cheaper, but it's not available. So I'll be using 335. It will cost a little more than the 335 from spruce.

Also I left the Landing Gear and associated equipment off. I didn't see the reason to ship a heavy gear and misc stuff over here and then ship it home. It can wait till we move home.

The total came to about $2,000 with a couple tools. I'm waiting on shipping costs and times. But hey, I'm a little closer!! :thumb:

Drew Chaplin (aka the Foam Whisperer)

---

www.Cozy1200.com - I'm a builder now! :cool:

---

Brace for impact...

MPlafleur said he was inspired by RR and was thinking about starting some wings. He's helped two other builders for the fast 4-5+ years. I told him we can go get the foam locally. This weekend if he's available.

Anyone else think he needs to think about himself for once?

Woo Hoo Drew!!!

This is going to be fun to watch :)

Regards, Chrissi & Randi

Fun to watch, Huh? :) Voyeurism? :envy: Oh if you only knew! :)

Actually I hope to have a webcam out in the shop. I like the webcam that James Redmon & Waiter have on their website. I already have one setup and have been testing it, but I'm not completely happy with it yet. You'll be able to see my CanardCam on my homepage when it's finally up and running.

---

---

Brace for impact...

Drew, congrats! See about taking a picture of the delivery before you dig into it. I saw that on someone else's web site and just had to do it myself: http://www.canardzone.com/members/jonmatcho/chap_01-03.htm

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Drew, congrats! See about taking a picture of the delivery before you dig into it. I saw that on someone else's web site and just had to do it myself: http://www.canardzone.com/members/jonmatcho/chap_01-03.htm

Sounds like a plan. I haven't been given shipping times yet, but I'm expecting somewhere around 6-8 weeks by sea. :sad:

---

---

Brace for impact...

Hot box done and working. Still need to add the second lightbulb. I used one of those el-cheapo metal shelving units that was left by the previous tenant. I used some 1" foam that was packing material for my large toolbox. I closed in the top shelf and closed it up with tape. We'll see how well it works.

Now onto a fiberglass cabinet. What's the recommended length of the table? Because of the limited space, I'm expecting to have it fold upwards with not in use. The cloth if 38" wide so a width of say 40-44"? What about the length? 4 foot? 6 foot?

thanks

---

---

Brace for impact...

I dont think you will like one of those fold up tables. You cannot get them long enough. I use a 4'X8" plywood board on horses and sometimes it is to short. You have to cut some really long uni in Chapt. 10. Jut my .03 STeve enjoy the build.

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

I would go 44-48 inches wide (48 preferred.) It will make it easier to insert new rolls.

Make a fold down lid as long as you can given the height of your ceiling with a working level at about 30 inches when it's folded down. It's easier to reach accross. It would be nice to have a second table 48 inches square that would mate up with your fold down table.

The benefit of having a second table will become obvious when you cut your wing cores. The 2 outer cores run 50.75" between templates. 48 inches will work well for hotwiring. The rest of the time it will function as a fine flat surface to accumulate all kinds of junk. :D

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

• 2 weeks later...

Time for a quick update.

-Table Frame Built.

-Cloth Cabinet built & hung.

-Hot Box Done.

-Tonight a friend & I are going over to buy wood & masonite for table top & cloth cabinet top. (I have no way of hauling anything wider than 3')

My father-in-law is collecting misc stuff that I can't get from spruce. So far I've ordered:

-Dust's favorite Sandpaper from Supergrit. I ordered a variety of others to have as well. About $60 worth.

-New foam base for my Porter-Cable Speed-Bloc sander.

-Dritz Scissors from James Town distributors (Only place I could find that had them in stock and reasonably priced)

-DVD of RR photos from Don Jones

-Medo Vaccum pump.

-RST Antennae Kit

When all this arrives he'll ship it out to me.

-I've opted NOT to order the fuel sight gauges yet. I'll installed them when the strakes are attached.

-The Pump Rebuild kit was back ordered from Spruce. I may call Michaels Engineering direct to see if I can get one.

-Webcam up and running.

Oh yea, SPRUCE SHIPPED MY ORDER TODAY!!!!

...the pre-build continues...

---

---

Brace for impact...

Ordered Chapters 4 to 9!!!!!!

Hi Drew

I just got an email from Gurit in Melbourne on fibreglass. The prices look very much on par with what you can get from ACS: I picked the contact up from Gurit web site

Guy Kennard

Customer Service

Gurit ( Australia ) Pty Ltd

tel +61 (0)2 9979 7248

Fx ; +61(0)2 9979 6378

www dot gurit dot com

Hennie