Rotisserie

macleodm3

I have finished the BID tapes in Chapter 6, and its time to flip the fuselage over onto a set of short saw horses, to install my brace, heat duct, and fuselage bottom.

Instead of building a short set of saw horses, would it be a good idea to go ahead and set up a fuselage rotisserie now?

Issues

- I first should mount permanent lower firewall

- rotisserie will have to last longer than plans specifies

Has anyone used the $35 steel engine stands for this purpose?

Any pictures of a rotisserie that worked real well?

Anybody against using rotisserie?

Andrew Anunson

I work underground and I play in the sky... no problem

How odd, I am working on plans for a killer fuselage rotisserie, counterbalanced, variable height and everything. I figure being able to flip the fuse while doing the interior finishing, landing gear some of the bottom layups, and avionics install will make it worth the effort. Just have to have a little welding skill when I get the drawings done and online, and access to a couple of small I beams. Everything should be available at Home De-port or Lowes.

I made mine out of 2x material and some leftover closet pole from my fabric cabinet. I didn't spend a lot of time on it.

http://forum.canardaviation.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3990&d=1185937718

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

Same here. I made mine out of the shipping crate my main spar came in. I've got about $20.00 bucks in the whole thing and it makes plane building a whole lot easier. About half way down on the page and also on later pages. http://www.free-build-it-info.com/MylongEZprojectp2.html

Press on!

Tom

"Time flys when your building"

Thanks! Those pictures on each page are the goal so to speak. I try to work on it everyday. I'm trying to get the fuselage completed so I can roll it outside and start on the wings and canard. Small plane, smaller garage! :ROTFLMAO:

Press on!

Tom

"Time flys when your building"

Instead of building a short set of saw horses, would it be a good idea to go ahead and set up a fuselage rotisserie now?

It's your plane, your build :)

I flipped mine last week (?) and installed the brace and duct this week, it's still pretty flimsy sitting on the horses.

I suppose if you could lock each tripod so that end will stay *perfectly* level, you'd be OK.

Tack a board spanning the top longerons at the Canard cutout, and another close to the firewall, flip the thing onto two stacks of milk crates, two steel trash cans, etc. Check level before you do a step, shim with a sliver of cardboard, shim shingle, ... if needed.

I could take/send a pix of my sawhorses, quickly foldable to ~3.25", easy/cheap to make. I've used them for years since 'retiring' as a Karpentur, quite sturdy, blah blah...

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.