Zoche diesels

obxtoo

grab the Berkut 3 view that's floating around on the web

Really?? I've looked and I can't find them. Do you have a link??

And there's that whole the-engine-is-vaporware thing, too.

Noted:)

keeping the prop far enough forward so you don't get a prop strike on landing, and preferably with less than an 18" prop extension. (the gyroscopic forces get huge when you get that long".)

Alright, and is it possible that a 3 blade (with a shorter diameter) could help prevent a prop strike? Would a 3 blade add too much mass to the whole system? Not a chance I could lengthen the landing gear a little more? Would theses gyroscopic forces add more turning tendencies?

I think the restraint shown here by a 50 something professional who built the Berkut, is just absolutely amazing.

My .02

I know he's built one and has experience. Why would he need to restrain himself? I am asking questions because I have no idea. I would like to know everything there is about this plane, and the only way to do that is to start searching and asking. I'm not trying to impose my ideas. I'm trying to see how they would fit.

My bad, Richard....my point was he didn't understand your level of involvement.

I recognized he built the plane, though I did not know what avenues he took to get there. That's what I'm trying to figure out. There's no gain by touting knowledge from others, so please, keep the flaming to yourself. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

I need a Berkut with a Zoche. Whaa? A guy can dream!

Really?? There's no gain by touting knowledge from others, so please, keep the flaming to yourself. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

You are dreaming if you consider I was flaming you. It was just a flicker. I just spoke/wrote what came to my mind. But you are right- I have no dog in this exchange. Good luck in your ......pursuit of info.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Did that Cozy get rear ended by a Beaver? I don't get it, why would someone want to put a radial engine on such a nice clean aircraft like a Cozy? I also think the picture was doctored, not to mention how it would screw up the CG having the engine mounted back that far.

Crazy Canuck

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Cozy MKIV #MK1536

That photo is my doing and was done purely as a joke. It really wasn't ever intended to past mustard. There's just a few of us around that like to mess with photoshop just for a laugh.

Here's the original thread:

http://forum.canardaviation.com/showthread.php?t=3696

My original post is #3, but the funniest post is #7 by Dennis Passey.

Then the shadow was pointed out and I touched it up again here:

http://www.canardzone.com/forum/showthread.php?p=16886#post16886

Post #16.

Anybody that has been to Osh will know that plane is Nat's and it is sitting in the traditional spot in front of one of the exhibition buildings.

Drew Chaplin (aka the Foam Whisperer)

---

www.Cozy1200.com - I'm a builder now! :cool:

---

Brace for impact...

• 6 months later...

I asked Zoche in 1998 the first time about his engine when my Velocity was still bits and pices in the garage. He mentioned it will take another 2 years to get it certified. I was in Munich to visit him he did not have time.

An other canadr builder in South Africa also contacted him reasently and the 2 year story came up again.

My personal opinion: He got paid to stop the progress and he cashed in on an German award for some engineering achivement.

The website is zoche.de

He is probably siting on his payment and has nothing to worry, not like Thilert he has grey hair by now.

I asked Zoche in 1998 the first time about his engine when my Velocity was still bits and pices in the garage. He mentioned it will take another 2 years to get it certified. I was in Munich to visit him he did not have time.

An other canadr builder in South Africa also contacted him reasently and the 2 year story came up again.

My personal opinion: He got paid to stop the progress and he cashed in on an German award for some engineering achivement.

The website is zoche.de

He is probably siting on his payment and has nothing to worry, not like Thilert he has grey hair by now.

I heard the same story in 1982:sad:

I Canardly contain myself!

Rich :D