Where is N79RA?

TPowerCo

Don't know what to make of this---but here is what the search says---if you believe it.

Deregistered Aircraft 1 of 1

Aircraft Description

Serial Number 0001

Type Registration Individual

Manufacturer Name RUTAN BURT L

Certificate Issue Date 08/30/1979

Model LONG EZ

Mode S Code 52533444

Year Manufacturer None

Cancel Date 12/20/1997

Reason for Cancellation Destroyed

Exported To

I'm curious, does anyone know where the Long-EZ prototype, N79RA, is now? I expected it to be in a museum somewhere, but so far haven't found out where.

Let's just say that when it was decommissioned, not all of the parts were turned into dust. It lives on.

Let's just say that when it was decommissioned, not all of the parts were turned into dust. It lives on.

Guys,

Thanks for the replies. Drew, I saw that too; I didn't believe it either. Marc, okay I'll bite the hook. Is it in storage, on display, or is it flying? Or none of the above? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

.. Is it in storage, on display, or is it flying? Or none of the above? Inquiring minds want to know! :)

Bite all you want.

I can neither confirm nor deny any knowledge of the storage, display or flying status of what may or may not remain of N79RA. Let's just say that if you did, in fact, happen to encounter it, should it exist, you would not recognize it, whatever state it may or may not be in.

Bite all you want.

I can neither confirm nor deny any knowledge of the storage, display or flying status of what may or may not remain of N79RA. Let's just say that if you did, in fact, happen to encounter it, should it exist, you would not recognize it, whatever state it may or may not be in.

Marc, do you work for Scaled Composites or the US Govornment? That's gotta be some of the best obfuscation I've ever read.

Bite all you want.

Aww, c'mon Marc, I'd tell YOU if I knew. Tell you what, send me a private message and you can tell me all about it and no one else will have to know. ;)

Just kidding. Thanks anyhow.

Tom

1) The canopy is now a Koi pond in someones back yard.

2) The tub was modified to become a planter.

3) If you look at the White Knight real close....

4) Someone sprinkled pixie dust on it, turned it into a Berkut.

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

Bite all you want.

You would 100% recognise it by the strakes if they were still in tact. The only similar one is the beautiful Steinmetz long EZ..

Cheers,

Wayne Blackler

IO-360 Long EZ

VH-WEZ (N360WZ)

Melbourne, AUSTRALIA

http://v2.ez.org/feature/F0411-1/F0411-1.htm

Bite all you want.

Which long ez was used to test the pulse jet engine with the big under belly pod.

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years