Logistics

I've ordered my MK IV plans and they should arrive by the end of the week. Here's my plan: Get it started in my 1900 square foot basement and move to a hangar before I build the strakes and attach the spar. My dilemna is this: There is not a paint shop that I know of on the field and I am not permitted to paint in the hangar. So, when I eventually need a paint job, how do I get it to the paint shop?

Thanks,

Eager Beaver

There is not a paint shop that I know of on the field and I am not permitted to paint in the hangar.

Roll it outside to paint? :rolleyes:

What STeve said.

Unless the fuse is banked on the trailer, the strakes are a bit wide. Drive quick, watch for coppers.

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

Heres some pics. You won't have to worry about this for a few to several years, so by then maybe the 'beaming' technology will have been perfected by then.:D

post-4661-14109016044_thumb.jpg

post-4661-141090160489_thumb.jpg

post-4661-141090160535_thumb.jpg

post-4661-141090160544_thumb.jpg

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Plans say push it outside, do it in the early morning, any dust or bugs get polished off.

Mark Spedding - Spodman
Darraweit Guim - Australia
Cozy IV #1331 -  Chapter 09
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman
www.sites.google.com/site/thespodplane/the-spodplane

Spodman:

Maybe you can get away with painting outside in Australia or Idaho . Try it in S. Calif. and the cops will be knocking at your door with the AQMD. Paint boothes will save the labor of having to buff it out if you do a good job. STeve:cool:

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

You can paint it outside but of course off-airport. Solid colors do okay outside. Metallics are more difficult getting rid of the bugs. The morning theory is nice but from experience you have a very little window of opportunity. First the setup takes some time and you can't think of pulling it out until the dew is gone. If you're going white, no problem. The other hassle is getting a power supply for that compressor. If you want a paint job from a nail gun compressor. You'll get a nail gun paint job. Take Big Steve's advice. Put it on a trailer, wings off, and get a booth. Even better, get your favorite body shop painter shoot it for you. Guaranteed its worth every penny and you save a lot of time sanding and buffing out bugs and dust.

As usual, Steve has a pretty good take on things. Maybe Nat was in a more friendly environment for Garage-driveway painting. And he was in the desert where it was probably 70 degrees at 7 AM also. Brian Deford did all his own paint- and his came out very very VERYnice....course he was in the desert as well. "Nailgun paintjob" THAT HAS to go down as "Homebuilder-speak"...absolutely fantastic descriptive use of the English. Kudos Neverquit!

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

I don't have pavement in front of my shop. I wonder what the paint job would look like doing it over the dirt? Here in Idaho I live in the country. I burn my trash. Yes even the plastic. I have enough birdies around that as soon as I shot some paint outside one of them would dive bomb it. I defiantly am going to rent a booth. Of course I happen to have a friend who owns one. Build on. STeve

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21