Need help to know if kit is built correctly!

Sevo

Hey guys. So I’ve found a kit and could use some expert advice to know if kit has been built correctly. I am near Garden city, Ks. I am willing to pay for someone who is well versed in these kits to inspect the build.  Any help is appreciated. 

here are the details. 
-its about 90% complete. All major surfaces have been built

-current owner does have build log but picked it up from family members who was the sole builder  

- it won’t take much to finish it  it will need to be epoxy wiped and some glass work ( bottom of it has been epoxied wiped) as I said it’s close to being done  

-it looks very well done to me but I don’t know enough to know what isn’t correct or is perfect or would be air worthy. 

I need someone who is well versed in these to know if it’s worth buying or just leaving. 
I can email pictures and videos of the work done. 
I hope someone near garden city is on here or near Colorado. Like I mentioned I would pay for someone’s time to inspect it and give me an honest opinion. 

let me know guys! thanks

chris 

You might post a msg on the Canard Aviator's group    https://canardzone.groups.io/g/canard-aviators     Also Freeflight Composites is a short flight away and might come over for a fee.    http://www.freeflightcomposites.com/     You might find a Cozy or Ez builder using the FAA registry search.

• Like 1

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

I don’t mind the time. I have a Cherokee 180 I have to fly while I build. 

I just want to know if the kit is saftey built. I don’t want to have a failure in the air. I 

I have been looking at the cozy too. 

If anyone has leads on good kits Don’t  hesitate tolerate me know

Chris, you did not say your age.    That is am important consideration as it is going to take a lot of time. 

2nd: You REALLY have to either contact Freeflight Composites or Marc Zeitlin or an another expert (and how do you know that they are expert?) to get an inspection.   It will cost some money and you may be disappointed.   But it is better to be sure before you put work and time into it.

Hi Bruce

i am 47 and have no children or a wife,  so I have plenty of time to put into the project. 

I have contacted free flight. I have not tried Marc  yet. Free flight is looking at my videos and I will for sure get them to the kit of the videos look good to them 

I for sure would never buy the kit unless an expert gave me the green light. It’s not worth it. 

I will keep You all posted for sure. I appreciate your helps 🙏

OK.  My information is about 3 years old due to my winter vacations and the virus epidemic but this may help:    When Terry Schubert was printing a news letter, there were 5 members on his membership list, most had considerable flight time in their Longezes.   The only one that I know personally and have not seen for 5 years is Elwood Johnson, retired from flying.   His phone was XXX-XXX-XXXX, and he lives or lived in Lawrence.    Jerry Peck would know all of the canard people in KS.  His phone is or was XXX-XXX-XXXX.   I am sorry that this info is so old but it may still be good.   Most of my records are on Maui and I am in WA.

You will take twice as long to do the work than you think.   I took 5 times as long.

On 9/22/2021 at 12:09 PM, Sevo said:

I can email pictures and videos of the work done. 

Why not post them here so we can all take a look?

You can get one of these done if you make it your primary (only?) hobby and have the support of everyone around you not seeing as much of you as they had before.  

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV