Berkut kit acquired

TerrysBerkut

I am fortunate to have acquired Berkut kit s/n 20. I have all 3 kits and no work has been done to anything and all the parts are there.

I have enjoyed lurking here for a long time but now will be active.

Now a little background:

I am retired, an A&P AI  & commercial pilot.

I wrenched for 20+ Years and flew on demand freight world wide for 12 years.

I have built a Vari Eze an repaired a wrecked Vari Eze.

I am now in the process of documenting all the upgrades that should be done and making a plan for the build.

I don’t want to reinvent any wheels and am a remorseless thief when it comes to good ideas but I give full credit to the source.

I am going to hire some professional HELP to speed the build along. I capitalized HELP because I’m not hiring things done but hiring help. If I’m not involved working then neither will be the hired help.

My ego has been satisfied a long time ago so CONSTRUCTIVE advice is sought and welcome.

I am looking for sources for parts not in the kit. 

I do have 3 small projects that must be done before the build starts but that will give me time to get organized.

Terry

Sweet!  With your EZ building experience you know what you're in for...  glad you got the kit!  Its great to see that its going to get built... not just shuffled around for the next several years.

Andrew Anunson

I work underground and I play in the sky... no problem

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Terry,

Since you are experianced with the Varieze is there any chance that I could get some copies of some build plans that show the structure? Like the wing and firewall?

I would be willing to pay for a complete set of plans for the varieze just to be able to competently inspect and maybe repair my own airplane N41EZ. I recently purchased the plane from the San Diego air and space museum.

I am trying to get into aviation as my 16 year old son wants to start a military career in it. I have been a drag racer all my life and have built many winning  cars. I hold a bachelors degree in engineering. Now I am ready to join the aviation community.

Thanks,

Douglas Coffman

s-l1600 (1).jpg