MontanaPilot21

Long EZ Build Time and Price from Plans?

Hi all, I'm new to the forms but not to aviation. I'm a student pilot with 33 hours and am looking at a Long EZ build. How much does it cost to build one from scratch? And what is the time on it? Lastly what are some good resources on the Long EZ? Also are there any Long EZ, or just pilots in Northwest Montana region?

Cost to build one from scratch in 2019 -  $50,000 to $90,000 (Airframe $30k;  Engine $10k to $30k;  Panel $10k to $30k)

Time to Build... 2000 hours to 5000 hours (and anywhere from 2 years to 30 years)

Good Resources....1 The Plans,    2 The Newsletters,    3 Central States Association (Flyins and Newsletters)    4 The Internet (EZ.org, Canard Aviators yahoo email list, Facebook Long-EZ Builders and Pilots group, Squadron III Newsletter (ask for it on the yahoo email list)),    5 EAA

Edited by macleodm3

Andrew Anunson

I work underground and I play in the sky... no problem

$40,000 to $50,000 and 2 to 4 years but you can buy a used Long-ez for a lot less and make any changes you want

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold