canard configuration

A problem with this idea (there are probably others), is that the canard has to lift the weight of the engine and the front seat pilot(s) in order to rotate the airplane for takeoff. That'd be a rather large load to lift. Either the canard would have to be consideraby larger than the usual EZ/Cozy canard or takeoff roll would be unacceptably long.

-Kent

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

no, not any tandem aircraft or a defiant, but one that has a tractor propeller and a main wing, yet still a canard like a velocity or ez

it does not matter where the power plant is located as long as the weight and balance is correct. does not matter where the power plant is located it is where the prop is located that makes it a pusher or puller

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

yes i considered that, i don't know much about structure and aerodynamics but what if you shifted the wing back and the pilot seat to reduce forward weight , i've also heard the prop would interfere with the stall advantages of a normal canard plane by locking it into a deep stall with the prop wash or something crazy like that!!!

Just a question i've been pondering, but , i was wondering if it would be possible to have a lifting canard and an engine in the front that pulls. What would be the aerodynamic problems and complexities with this?

Again just wonderin!! thnxz!!

See NASA Technical Memorandum 85760 for an analysis of a front-engined canard aircraft, and the stability differences between it and the more common rear engine version.

Especially see pages 42 onward.