Table complete!!

flybeech21

I finished building my table this past weekend. I build the EAA chapter 1000 standard table. here is the link to the plans for the table. http://www.eaa1000.av.org/technicl/worktabl/tablefig.htm

I built two of these tables with 3'X6' dimensions instead of the 2'X5' dimensions in the plans. I bolted the ends of the tables together to have a combined 3'X12' table. They are super sturdy.

It took me a total of 8 hours to print of the plans, purchase material, transport material, build, and then clean up area. Materials cost was $160 and I still have enough material left to build a hot box.

It will be nice to get started on an actual airplane.:)

Kevin Harper

Just remember at the end of your build your table will probably be taking up real-estate that you need so it will probably be cut up and thrown out so dont get to attached unless you have a really big shop to build in. When I cut up the table during my longeze build I knew I was getting close to being done. The table I am using now I can take the legs off of it and hang it against the wall I hope it has a couple more projects in it. Steve build on

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

Our 42 x 144" table is going nowhere, we are too attached to it. Besides, the base is a 42 x 120" steel welding table, probably in the 400 lbs range, the whole thing is about 600 lbs, we move it with a fork lift :P

But its nice, it stays put

Whatever you do, you cannot have enough outlets, there are 3 duplex outlets down each side and one each end and we still run out now and then when the tools are plugged in:

-shop vac

-dremel

-fein tool

-drill(s)

-goldenrod (heating element for foam cooler where we store resin)

-small benchtop drill press

-battery charger(s) for cordless drill(s)

-charger for Dritz scissors

-and many more....

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Chrissi said

Our 42 x 144" table is going nowhere, we are too attached to it. Besides, the base is a 42 x 120" steel welding table, probably in the 400 lbs range, the whole thing is about 600 lbs, we move it with a fork lift

I have a table like that on the other side of my shop. It is a welding table and it is very heavy. Most airplane builders use wood, Plywood, or chip boards for a table to build a plane I never thought about using metal. I think it would be to cold all the time. STeve build on

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

Chrissi said

I have a table like that on the other side of my shop. It is a welding table and it is very heavy. Most airplane builders use wood, Plywood, or chip boards for a table to build a plane I never thought about using metal. I think it would be to cold all the time. STeve build on

Steve, the welding table was too low so we built a 10" high box on it all framed in lumber and plywood then clamped that to the steel table. Once in position we shimmed it level with wedges, clamped it in place and locked it with a lot of bondo blobs.

It has all heald up over the years. The top is 3/4" MDF with 1/8" hard masonite bonded to it s a sacraficial surface. We covered the whole top with stretch wrap for the major layups so it did not get messed up. From time to time we'd run a belt sander over it to knock off any hardened epoxy drips or to clean up the surface so we could do a layout directly on it with a Sharpy fine line marker.

So far we have not had the need to replace the 1/8" masonite.

As much as I'd like an indoor parking space when the Cozy is gone, Randi feels we could not live without our bench, hopefully it will migrate to the hanger when we have one.

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo