Newbie Question concerning chp. 3

f16falcon6

Ok so I am about to order a set of plans to build a Cozy. I have been reading about the chapter 3 practice layups, and was wondering if I need to buy a practice layup kit, or will the chapter 4 kit have enough materials to do the practice layups and build the bulkheads? I did see a previous post about this which mentioned purchasing more bid and Uni, but nothing was said about if there was enough foam to do both chapter 3 and 4. Thanks...I am so excited to start building. I was at Rick Maddy's home the other day and bought some of his left over tools and epoxy pump as well as his 12' X 4' table....Really can't wait to get started.

Craig

Now that I know you're in the Front Range... ;)

You'll have some extra foam from chapter four, and some pieces of leftover glass, but I don't think either will be enough for the practice chapter, especially the rectangular weight layup. The foam will be wrong too.

I'm near Estes Park. If you're in the neighborhood...

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

You might be better off just adding a little extra material to your Chapter 4 order. The extra cost in shipping will most likely be very small. Just compare the kit material to the actual cost of the materials. Use whatever epoxy you plan on building with.

I bought the practice kit, and at $50 (a few years ago) it wasn't a bad deal. I am glad I bought the kit and did the practice parts.

Andrew Anunson

I work underground and I play in the sky... no problem

Don't really need the tub to make the canard, wings, main spar, winglets, match drill the wings/spar together, ...

Yes though, the scooter garners a slight priority in the summer :)

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.