To Cozy Mark IV Builders

We have just learned the Ken Brock MFG, who has supplied many prefabricated metal parts for the Cozy MKIV for over 20 years, is ceasing operation at the end of December. Aircraft Spruce is in the process of obtaining all remaining inventory of these parts from Ken Brock prior to their closing the doors, and we will be setting up new fabricators for these parts so that they will continue to be available for builders. We will keep you posted.

Best Wishes to all of our Cozy Builders for a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Best Regards,

Jim Irwin

President, Aircraft Spruce

• 2 years later...

The old gear wheel in the nosegear of the Long EZ is an item that is failed from time to time - it is reversible, but I'm getting calls for replacement gear wheels - about a 2.5" gear - do you know of any replacement for that gear wheel?

Beagle,

aka David Orr

www.canardfinder.com

Dear David,

We did not realise there was that much demand for this part otherwise we'd have made some. Please contact us if you can with some estimate of numbers and we'll take care of it

Most new builds are going wth electric.

Regards, Chrissi & Randi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

The old gear wheel in the nosegear of the Long EZ is an item that is failed from time to time - it is reversible, but I'm getting calls for replacement gear wheels - about a 2.5" gear - do you know of any replacement for that gear wheel?

I'm flabbergasted, David - something about canards you don't know? :-).

From CP 21, or a search of the COZY mailing list archives - Boston Gear CD1145 is a cast iron gear, and D1145 is a Bronze gear that will work better than the original, but will require a bit of modification (machining and floxing).

I looked around (I thought McMaster Carr had them) but couldn't find anything.

You may have to contact Boston Gear direct. They will either sell to you direct or provide you with the name and number of their local distributor.

As Marc said, The original gera that Brock used was a cast iron gear, all you had to do was drill the holes and mount it.

The Brass gear will require that you fill it in with FLOX, then drill the holes.

Waiter

F16 performance on a Piper Cub budget

LongEZ, 160hp, MT CS Prop, Downdraft cooling, Full retract

visit: www.iflyez.com

I bought one of these gears for the retract mechanism for my cozy. It came with a bunch of holes in it instead of solid. I dont know if you can get a solid one or they just shipped me a new style. I can make this one work but I am going to have to make bushings for the holes to put the screws in. STeve

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21