The Zeitlin Files

dust

John, the way you got the info out of the files is the best way, read all of them.

I got some REALLY good tips from the listserve. Among them

set spar .2 tenths degree forward, when wing is attached, no washers needed, the backward weight of the wing levels off the .2 forward install, BTW worked great our wings are 0.0 with the spar originally set out of level

flanges for fuel tank tops, we added the 45 degree light weight ones in the front, the others were from the list.

There were more, when i recieved one that i thought was particularly good, i would email it to my partner and he would keep track of them and remind us to use them as needed.

The problem is, as i stated before, searches will not reveal these little secrets, you don't know the question, so you can't find the answer.

The same thing is happenning here and it should be corrected.

If i have a tool and can't find it, i don't own it. If we have info spread all over the forum, unless you read everything, you won't know it.

enjoy the build

dust

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/

Originally posted by cncdoc

OK.

I respect the man. And his credendtials. But when I say his name (never on vain) is it with a Zeee sound (long e) or a Zye sound (long i) ????

just curious.

Respect or not, you're never gonna see my "credendtials", so don't mention them again. :-). Credentials, however are public info.

At any rate, since Mike saw fit to name the thread after me, it only seems right that I should tell you how to say it. Usually, the pronunciation isn't the problem, it's the spelling - when this happens, I tell them it's spelled "S - M - I - T - H", - they're all silent, except for the "M", which is pronounced "Zeitlin".

Of course, that doesn't work on-line, since all you can see is the "Zeitlin", and you can't hear the pronunciation, so I'll just have to tell you.

It's Zeit (as in "bite") lin (as in "in"). Long "i".

Howzzat?

Originally posted by Marc Zeitlin

It's Zeit (as in "bite") lin (as in "in"). Long "i".

So Marc, the Zeit part is easy, but the 'in' with the long 'i' is confusing for me. Is it like 'site' + 'line'? Zeitline?

Confused in Jersey.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

I just did some calculations.While in a fit of rage...........Turns out in the LAST MONTH, I have read 736 new E-Mail posts from the "z" e-mail list Not to mention at least 200-300 other "Older Archived e-mails"............and no where did I find repremands for all those questions being asked, with such good Cozy Plans, to find the answers in.

I tried to figure out how many forum Posts I have read, but gave up after about 1,205

You can call me DOPEY , because I still didn't know this morning that the Nose Strut, is needed with or without the "Per-Plans Mechanical Nose Gear". hhhhmmmmmmmm

Anyway, I am at peace now.........I went to the airport today, Out on the Taos Mesa.

Taos, is a meca for For Uplifting People, I am sure a FEW OF YOU would REALLY enjoy it here.It was nice to be among friendly wierdos.

Oh, guess what..........the Cozy E-mail list went CA-POOT today, must have been the Evil Spirits. I was wondering why I didn't get any ZE-Mails today.

:confused:

Joseph@TheNativeSpirit.Net

I am Building a Jo-Z IV StarShip.

What Do YOU Want?

• 2 weeks later...

Marc Zeitlin,

Why do you not publish your "MY Flight Stories", here as well? After The Story has been written, it would very simple to "CUT & PASTE".............Please consider.....Please.......

They do make for A Pleasant Read, and I am sure a few people would enjoy it. If they do not enjoy the stories, they could just "NOT READ " them.

This forum reaches an entirely different group of people (Although I do see familiar names). We FLyers, and Builders are all in this together. Trust me, you WILL come across in a warmer light. Let your aura shine, Brother.

WE COULD ALL BEG.............<SMILE>:D

Joseph@TheNativeSpirit.Net

I am Building a Jo-Z IV StarShip.

What Do YOU Want?

• 2 months later...