John Slade Posted January 19, 2004 Share Posted January 19, 2004 I think we're missing the point about Canardzone.com Development Tools I've never been much of a fan of code generation systems, but they ARE useful for rapid prototyping which is what Jon's doing right now. Once the layout has been developed its not much of a job to rewrite for generic browsers. However, Jon's right that 95% or more are using IE. Commercial development for the remaining 5% just doesnt make much sense any more. My advise to my clients is "tell you're users to get IE". The alternative is pay much more for the development. Content This is what I think we should be talking about. What do people think should be on the menu at Canard Zone? There's a new startup site called http://www.homebuiltaircraft.com with a bit of a commercial leaning which has some interesting ideas of what can go on the menu. Classified ads, last 10 forum posts, etc. etc. These guys are also going after sponsorship on the main page. Perhaps this is a reasonable approach - i.e. use it to help expansion, but keep it out of the discussion area. Regarding Jon's initial screen - I don't think the Starship image is right. Pretty, but off topic. This should be a Cozy IV which represents the majority of new build canards. Direction I guess the question becomes - where do we want this canard thing to go? There are too many places to monitor right now, too much duplication and too much dissemination of email addresses. Cozy list, canard aviators, various engine lists, aeroelectric list etc. etc. I'd like to see a gradual movement towards finding it all in one place. CanardZone with its superior forum technology can be that place. Jon. Thanks for your continued efforts on our behalf. Quote I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.