Format and contents of Canardzone.com

:D The number 7 jersey is all yours John.

Do you think we should tell them that we don't stand around in lycra hot pants chatting for hours, and that they'd have to actualy play a WHOLE game.

For the seppos, no forward passes, no blocking, learn how to scrummage, and remember to place the ball on the ground over the try line. I'm looking forwards to pre season training.

Before I get banished for talking rubbish outside the Coffee House, has anyone thought of teaming up with Jake C's http://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/ website? There's a lot of cross over regarding general construction and engine discussion.

I got nasty de ja vu there.

Jon M. remember your gum shield and you better check to see if your life insurance is up to date

:D

The Coconut King

So I guess it's come to this eh? A challenge? Well, I went to a fight one time and a Rugby game broke out....

I wish I could give MY real name, but I'm just a figment of John Slade's imagination come to life in one of his brighter programming days (you've seen the movie "Tron" haven't you? well....) now I show up every once in awhile at his hanger and watch him struggle with the iniquities of mechanical construction and as he bends metal objects using pure will power (and a pair of pliers).

I personally would like to see the ability to bookmark certain posts to keep in the archive (you know, crumbs, Hansel and Gretel??), that way, we can decide to leave the posts that are truly informative, noteworthy or copy-able. The rest could stay until the newer ones bump them off..

But, that's just my opinion. What do I know?

Lycra hot pants?

Back to building... #618 Cozy MK IV

My Cozy web pages, courtesy: Rick Maddy... :cool: WN9G :rolleyes:

Do you think we should tell them that we don't stand around in lycra hot pants chatting for hours, and that they'd have to actualy play a WHOLE game.

No. Don't mention that, or the fact that when you loose a man, you REALLY loose a man, probably for a couple of months. :D

>I went to a fight one time and a Rugby game broke out....

I once watched a forward run to the touch line because his ear lobe had been bitten almost clean off. We all thought he was going off and we'd be down to 12 men. (2 had already been carried off). In fact the blood was getting in his way. He ripped off the rest of the ear lobe, threw it into the grass, grabbed a head band and ran back into the fray. True story. (And this was "high school" rugby).

>as he bends metal objects using pure will power

if only it were true.

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

What do you need ear lobes for anyway? Waste of time, imho, much better off getting rid of them.

I don't know why you sound surprised cncdoc, I've seen the NFL, thats what you lot wear isn't it?

Nice cheerleaders though.

:D

post-281-141090152235_thumb.jpg

The Coconut King

Oh, I dunno. I never paid much attention to what the players were wearing. There are others close to the field of play that are more interesting to look at (what they're NOT wearing) if-you-know-what-I mean-and-I-think-you-do!

It is kind of funny though, my wife is Cuban and her Father has been here for 40+ years. He is still glued to the TV watching "Futbol" and knows who is winning and losing etc. I don't know why it never caught on here, maybe it's the clothes!

I hear the first rule is: If you can't kick the ball, kick a man!

But what's that got to do with the forum?

I sure wish I knew.

Back to building... #618 Cozy MK IV

My Cozy web pages, courtesy: Rick Maddy... :cool: WN9G :rolleyes:

I've been keep out but now for my opinion...

I don't want my posts deleted because some else deems them "unworthy". I don't like that kind of censorship. f members begin to think that what they submit to the forum will eventually be forgotten, membership will undoubtably decrease. I think we want more participation. I fully expect and want the moderator/administrator to remove posts that are vulgar or have personal/sensitive information in them. (phone numbers, e-mail addresses, etc.)

I am a member of a Mercedes technical forum and not too long ago another member was upset with a fellow members comments and attitude. This member was well respected and gave A LOT of helpful advise and information. When he was removed as a member (at his request) all threads started by hime and all posts by him were deleted. This comprised of more then 4000 posts. It will be years before we recover from that one.

I agree that the forum search does not always give you what you want, but it's better than Google. :D

Jon, you're doing a great job and I for one appreciate it very much.

Mike LaFLeur - Cozy MkIV #1155
N68ML
76225.gif

I always used my real name, partly because my Fraternity nickname was Biff, and believe it or not, I have been called much worse....but since I am a lawyer, I guess y'all know that. ;).

As to what information to keep on the forum, I REALLY like the idea of members being able to rate/rank the post. Kinda like the fad from a while back where you rated picturs of people online and it gave an instant score. I don't know how hard this would be (and I have not seen the option on the bottom of the page).

It seems if we were able to read a post, rank it form 1-5 or 1-10 etc, the system could come up with a score. All scores over, say 55% good are kept. This removes a lot of personal bias and allow us to filter the more useful information. I would hope it would also take some of the judgment and time pressure off the moderators. Again, I don't know how hard this would be, but it would keep us all in the loop and even may motivate us to post well.....or not.

Oh, btw, I have been a member for just shy of a year and have been building for a year and a half (even it is a Velocity <g>).....when am I no longer considered a "Newbie"? :)

Christopher Barber

Velocity SE/FG w/yoke. Zoom, zoom, zoom.

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...