12" 1/4" drill bit

Cozy1200

Hi All

I'm coming up on the point where I'll need the 12" long drill bit to drill the LG bulkheads. I checked at a couple local discount tools stores and they want $40-50 for ONE BIT.

Kind of expensive to drill two holes. Any suggestions where I can get one supper cheap.

Better yet, anyone have one that I can borrow?

Drew Chaplin (aka the Foam Whisperer)

---

www.Cozy1200.com - I'm a builder now! :cool:

---

Brace for impact...

Here you go: They even ship to Auzy land.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-7-Pc-FOOT-LONG-Drill-Bit-set-1-8-thru-1-2-HUGE-SET_W0QQitemZ300214154406QQihZ020QQcategoryZ50383QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

When in doubt always check ebay it is kind of like telling newbies to look in the search pages here. Build on STeve

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

I'm coming up on the point where I'll need the 12" long drill bit to drill the LG bulkheads. I checked at a couple local discount tools stores and they want

Find an electrician there, they often use long drill bits to drill/fish alarm wires through walls.

I'd venture a 1/4" bit isn't exactly needed for the pilot holes, but should probably be smaller than 1/4". You'll re-drill at least once, then again if needed to match whatever the pilot drill is on your 'spot face' tool of choice.

YMMV, FWIW

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

Ahh Ebay! I tend to forget about it! Why I don't know.

Just this week I brought a couple computer cables and adapters off ebay. I paid only $1 to $2 each plus $3 for shipping. It's even being shipped from Hong Kong for that price.

That same cable at a local store would have cost me $20-25 Dollars.

Ok, ebay it'll be. I can have it shipped to my mail forwarders in the states and then sent over in our sent mail package.

thanks all.

---

---

Brace for impact...

Hi All

I'm coming up on the point where I'll need the 12" long drill bit to drill the LG bulkheads. I checked at a couple local discount tools stores and they want $40-50 for ONE BIT.

Kind of expensive to drill two holes. Any suggestions where I can get one supper cheap.

Better yet, anyone have one that I can borrow?

$40-$50? What was it made of? I looked all over Lowe's yesterday and didn't find a single 1/4" bit for anywhere near that price...? Maybe you were looking at a masonry bit or hammer-drill bit?

Phil Kriley

Cozy #1460

Chapter 13 - nose

Right wing done - working on right winglet.

$40-$50? What was it made of? I looked all over Lowe's yesterday and didn't find a single 1/4" bit for anywhere near that price...? Maybe you were looking at a masonry bit or hammer-drill bit?

There's probably several things contributing to the cost.

1) Trying to buy imperial in a Metric country.

2) Exchange rate makes it sound a little higher than it actually is.

3) Everything seems more expensive here.

---

---

Brace for impact...

Would free work better? Have borrowed a drill bit off a chapter member. 30cm with a 30cm extension (can be separated). Has drilled two holes!

Are you actually ready for this yet? I have it for about a week, but could organise it again for another time.

Mark Spedding - Spodman
Darraweit Guim - Australia
Cozy IV #1331 -  Chapter 09
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman
www.sites.google.com/site/thespodplane/the-spodplane

Would free work better? Have borrowed a drill bit off a chapter member. 30cm with a 30cm extension (can be separated). Has drilled two holes!

Free would be real good! Unfortunately I just bought a set off Ebay. It was only $3, but it would have cost $20 to ship over. So I'll have them shipped to my parents in the states and pick them up next time I'm home. Also waiting on them to arrive would hold me up.

Are you actually ready for this yet? I have it for about a week, but could organize it again for another time.

I'll be starting to fit these Bulkheads tonight. So probably within a week. If you could keep them for another week that would be GREAT!

Is it metric or inches? IIRC, it's just a pilot hole I don't believe it critical to be exactly 1/4 inch.

---

---

Brace for impact...

Haven't measured it, looks like 1/4", looks like 8mm too. I'll let you know. $3!!!:envy:

Mark Spedding - Spodman
Darraweit Guim - Australia
Cozy IV #1331 -  Chapter 09
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman
www.sites.google.com/site/thespodplane/the-spodplane