Which of Burt Rutan's canards would you love to build/fly?

court

Burt said that he encourages the publication and distribution of all of his work at RAF from 1968 to 2002. That had me thinking about all of the different planes he built during that time, and there are some really cool models.

Obviously there are the well known plans available for free or for purchase, but what about for some of his lesser known planes?

I personally would have loved to fly in / build the Catbird and the Pond Racer. Unfortunately, both were one-off designs and no plans were ever released (to my knowledge).

---

I've only recently dipped my toes into aviation / building and there is so much awesome involved, especially in the community itself. Can't wait to get started on my Open EZ in January!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zolotiyeruki said:

I want a Catbird, too.  Anyone here have an "in" at Scaled?  :D  I heard a story a while back that new hires get to paw through all of their old records, and that includes plans for all of Burt's unpublished designs.

Hahaha. It's cute that you think that Burt had "plans" for any plane that didn't become an RAF product... There were no "plans" for SS1, for Cthulhu's sake.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...