Manual Nose Gear Crank

TJohn41

Good Afternoon Friends,

I just bought a Varieze this past weekend and unfortunately I already busted the old electric nose retract system. Totally my fault and a rookie mistake, but now  I'm just looking to replace it with a manual crank. Curious if there is a standard setup out there or if people just fabricate? If anyone knows where to source a manual crank for this application and could point me in that direction I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

If you can't fix your electric nose gear then the Long-EZ style manual crank nose gear may be a low budget replacement option.  Someone may have one to sell after installing an electric nose lift system.  You could build one from the Long-EZ plans but I don't think the worm drive components are still available.  The VariEze plans show a pushrod system that isn't recommended.  

14 hours ago, TJohn41 said:

Good Afternoon Friends,

I just bought a Varieze this past weekend and unfortunately I already busted the old electric nose retract system. Totally my fault and a rookie mistake, but now  I'm just looking to replace it with a manual crank. Curious if there is a standard setup out there or if people just fabricate? If anyone knows where to source a manual crank for this application and could point me in that direction I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

What sort of "old electric nose retract"?   To find a manual system you might post a plea on the canard aviators iogroup, cozybuilders list and Canard-owners and builders (COBA, subscription req'd).  Used manual systems come up from time to time.  If you can build one, Cozygirrls sell the large gear.  I suppose the worm gear can be acquired somewhere.

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold