varieze landing distance

harty

Check out the POH  http://roynouguier.free.fr/vezoman.pdf   (pic)  No experience in a Vari but I have flown Cozys and and EZ.  The most optimist figure is about <1000' feet but it is easy to land long and fast.  I would only use that number if you have an airport with clear approaches, experience in the airplane, and can land on speed in the first few hundred feet.  I think the 50' obsticle chart is more typical.  Defer to the guys who are flying them.

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 9.05.03 AM.png

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

I can stop under 2000', but like to save my brakes so it is uncommon.  I still carry a bit more speed on final than needed.  I am working my way down from the original 100mph I started at when I first flew my VariEze.  In the video below, Google Maps measurement says I touched down and pulled off in about 2000'.  I was at about 95mph when I straightened out on final.  I used brakes a bit, but did not have to stomp on them.

• Like 1

And if the runway is asphalt which will soak up sunlight, giving hot air above the runway which will change the density of the air and increase the amount of runway needed.   The density altitude just above the runway may be quite different that that given on ATIS.

• Like 1