Please allow me to introduce myself...

I am new to the community and am seeking help with the completion of the build of a Long EZ in the Florida area. Specifically, I am looking for a person or company that can assist me with the build. Someone who has done this before. Any suggestions are much appreciated.  Bobby

You might also post this in the canard-aviators group  https://canardzone.groups.io/g/canard-aviators    and    https://canardowners.com/  (membership required)

There are many Long-ez owners in Florida that might advise you.  These are not hard to build by one person with an occasional helper to spread cloth or flip a fuselage.  Are you looking for some initial hand-holding or more intense help?  No one will be as concerned about building a good airplane as you are.  Scheduling and coordinating a helper will likely just slow things down.  However, there have been many changes and good ideas over the years so it's good to see lots of EZs and talk to owners.  Good luck.

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

2 hours ago, Bob Martyn said:

I am new to the community and am seeking help with the completion of the build of a Long EZ in the Florida area. Specifically, I am looking for a person or company that can assist me with the build. Someone who has done this before. Any suggestions are much appreciated.  Bobby

If you are considering paying someone to build a substantial portion of the aircraft for you, just realize that doing so (and being honest about it to the FAA) may jeopardize your ability to obtain an Experimental Amateur Built Airworthiness Certificate when you're done. You'd hardly be the only one to have done something like this, but you might (depending upon just how much help you got) have to be willing to lie to the FAA about how much of the airplane was built for $$$, and lying to the federal government is, well, contraindicated.

Before contemplating this, I'd very carefully look into the rules surrounding E-AB aircraft and what is and is not allowed.

Now, if you're looking for VOLUNTEER help, have at it - that's perfectly fine.

Thanks Ken and Marc:

I want to be hands on in building the plane myself, so being dishonest with the FAA will not be a problem. I just need some help from someone with experience who can assist me / show me some of the finer points and techniques. I am located near Fort Lauderdale.

One additional question, I want to make some modifications on the Long EZ and may need an Engineer to check my work. Does anyone know of someone with experience on a Long EZ who can double check my ideas?

Thank you.

6 hours ago, Bob Martyn said:

I want to make some modifications on the Long EZ and may need an Engineer to check my work. Does anyone know of someone with experience on a Long EZ who can double check my ideas?

Depending upon what you want to do, me, or a few other folks that I can recommend.

1 hour ago, Bob Martyn said:

Hi Marc:  I want to explore making the Long EZ into an electric version. I need help with the dimensions for the batteries, controllers and a determination of required thrust and propeller design

It’s been done.   I have seen a YouTube video too.   BTW, Marc lives at BurnsideAerospace

https://www.wired.com/2014/07/chip-yates-electric-plane-records/

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

6 hours ago, Bob Martyn said:

Hi Marc:  I want to explore making the Long EZ into an electric version. I need help with the dimensions for the batteries, controllers and a determination of required thrust and propeller design.

Until batteries have substantially higher energy densities, you'll have an endurance of just about an hour. Not long enough to actually go anywhere.

But as Kent points out, you can see my website by clicking on the link in my signature.