Hello! Is there a Long-EZ near Gillette, Wyoming?

Hello!

I'm a private pilot that mostly rents 172 / 182 at our local airport (KGCC). I also fly a 182T G1000 for Civil Air Patrol. I've always had a love affair with the Rutan planes and have wanted to check out a Long-Ez (or any canard) up close and in person. Anyone nearby to Gillette, Wyoming that would want to meet up?

Thanks!

Steve

I will cross-post your question on the Canard-Aviators io.group which reaches a lot of owners.  Another way to find people is call the president of local EAA chapters (See www.eaa.org) or do a county search in the FAA registry for Long-ez or Cozy owners.  https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/StateCounty_Inquiry.aspx

I saw none in Campbell County.  I imagine you'd find some in Rapid City.

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

Jerry Gardner has thousands of hours on his VariEze in Sheridan. But, I don’t think he flies it anymore. He kept his plane in a trailer and hauled it to the airport almost every time he flew it. I just posted a bunch of pictures from my visit with him in 2015 on Facebook (Rutan LongEz and VariEze group). I bought my VariEze in Cody that year. 

Edited by Ron Springer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi David! Yes, I will contact you. My email is pilot2112@gmail.com. I couldn't locate yours.Is it appropriate for me to post my phone# here??

Just to clarify, I don't expect anyone to fly to Gillette. I'm more than happy to meet them somewhere once we are out of quarintine.

Kent, thank you for your help!

And thank you all for your replies!

Steve, this fellow Ion from the Cozy list contacted me.  Asked me to cross post this here.  His email address below

> On May 11, 2020, at 10:41 AM, Ion Huss / Lisa Doughty <lisnion@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 
> Tell him if he's ever playing through Boulder I'll give him the deluxe tour, once the pandemic is over of course.
> 
> Ion 0-320 Long EZ 1615 hrs

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold