Loadtest cozy mk3

Wow, impressive!  I assume doing this test is required in Denmark.  Luckily we do not have to do that here in the U.S.A., although some still choose to.  

Congratulations on your milestone!

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Wow again!  But just what we expected, right?  Sorry you had to do that but save the pics.  Maybe the next builder can use them.  

It would be fun to know more about the test.  What did the authorities require?  What G are you simulating?  How did you establish the loading schedule?  Did you support the wings while loading the bags.  Did you hear any noises during the test?  What were the wing and canard deflections?  Did they seem to recover to original position?

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

4 hours ago, Kimjensen said:

just made my loadtest on my cozy mk3

Geez, what a lot of work for no purpose whatsoever except to satisfy a bureaucracy. In any case, what Kent asked above, and the following comment:

I'd just like to point out that AS SHOWN, the wing load distribution will be incorrect, as the moment contribution from the inward forces from the winglets is not included (at least, I don't see any force applied inward to the winglet). This doesn't mean that the test is useless - it all depends on what's being tested, and to what level. But the distribution of forces will not be correct.

Jochen Fuglsang had to do the same testing on his COZY III, and he did, in fact, impart the correct winglet forces to the plane to ensure that the moments were correct.

Hello all

The test were done according to the rules in Denmark. 3.8G on the canyard and wings.

The load distribution is calculated and approved by the goverment and the inspektor in Denmark.

The deflation on the wing were 25 cm and the canyard 9,5 cm all went back to the same position after the load were taken off.

We had support under the wings while loading.

There were many crackling sounds along the way especially as we pulled the pressure off the jack under the wings.

I can read that some of you think that it is a Waste of time and only to satisfi the bureaucracy and yes it is, but that the rules.

In the end it is the way I can get to fly my Cozy, so this is a big think for me.

I know that Jochen in Germany have made a full test(have been Down to visit him) of the Cozy, but its not requried in Denmark.

Best Regard

Kim

Kim, well done with your approved milestone!  You just have to do what is necessary. 

I wonder how much crackling is too much crackling?

Thank you for sharing and I look forward to your future updates.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV