CG and main undercarriage

B52

1.   In referring to below is the CG showing correct in a zero fuel weight status ?

2.   what is the distance of the main wheel axis to front or back ends of the aircraft ?

3.   Is prop axis tilted upwards in relation to the wings cord ?

Cozy_CG.jpg

1.   In referring to below is the CG showing correct in a zero fuel weight status ?

2.   what is the distance of the main wheel axis to front or back ends of the aircraft ?

See all of this and more when you purchase your plans.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

Cozy_CG.jpg

Engine is tilted upwards about 2° because the prop axis is above the CG vector otherwise when applying power the aircraft would pitch downwards.  Is this correct ?

I wonder if they are any propeller aircraft where the engine tilt can be adjusted in mid flight.

Cozy_CG.jpg

The CG changes depending on how you load the plane (fuel, people, baggage, ballast).

Andrew Anunson

I work underground and I play in the sky... no problem

Engine is tilted upwards about 2° because the prop axis is above the CG vector otherwise when applying power the aircraft would pitch downwards.  Is this correct ?

I wonder if they are any propeller aircraft where the engine tilt can be adjusted in mid flight.

Pitch_down.jpg

In above DC9 the thrust vector is well above the CG but is downwards contrary to the Cozy pusher 2° upwards. One would think that it would cause the DC9 to pitch down when power is applied which is not the case.

Anybody care to elaborate ?   

>Anybody care to elaborate ?   

Sure. 

We are not (for the vast majority) Aerospace Engineers so we are pretty much dependent on the plans which have been flight tested.

Engine mounts that have been manufactured by the Cozy Girllls already have the plans criteria built in.

The typical power plant is either a single Lycoming or Continental with a sprinkling of other manufacturers.

The typical builder cannot afford the cost, overhead and efficiency associated with a jet/turbo prop much less a DC9.

While your question is pretty much hypothetical, who wants to reinvent a proven design?

There are plenty of other areas to focus your attention.

How about designing the landing gear so it will change direction allowing you to land in a crab like the B-52?

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

How about designing the landing gear so it will change direction allowing you to land in a crab like the B-52?

I'm already visualizing a powered system that moves the gear hoop to accomplish that...  :lol:

Aerocanard (modified) SN:ACPB-0226 (Chapter 8)

Canardspeed.com (my build log and more; usually lags behind actual progress)
Flight simulator (X-plane) flight model master: X-Aerodynamics

(GMT+12)