Cozy Rock and roll

Has there ever been an accident in a Cozy IV where it rolled over and came to rest upside down? Or within the accidents ground speed bleed off, flipped and had to withstand deceleration upside down?

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

There was a Cozy III that landed in a muddy field and flipped but it stopped pretty fast.

http://www.cozybuilders.org/newsletters/news_64.html#ROLL_OVER

In a relatively recent EZ accident the aircraft flipped and bent the heck out of his rollbar but it helped. I believe I saw pictures in the CSA newsletter.

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

Thanks.

I am looking for Cozy IV's ONLY.

I dont know of any REAL test of the Cozy "rollover- protection" [i.e. crash results]afforded by the plans built turtleback/canopy [TB-1, I believe].

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Thanks.

I am looking for Cozy IV's ONLY.

I dont know of any REAL test of the Cozy "rollover- protection" [i.e. crash results]afforded by the plans built turtleback/canopy [TB-1, I believe].

what about the Len johnson accident, where the plane flipped after he had to land on the taxiway

http://www.ky3.com/news/local/33907724.html

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

Thanks Lynn, I had forgotten about the biofuel flyer. Obviously he doesnt have a broken neck, and that was a pretty brutal smash. Interesting the whole front topside of the fuselage was toast excluding the front bottom that was intact on the truck. Hmmmm?

Any other upside down crashes, people?

Self confessed Wingnut.

Has there ever been an accident in a Cozy IV where it rolled over and came to rest upside down? Or within the accidents ground speed bleed off, flipped and had to withstand deceleration upside down?

sq2000 is a cozy right ? flipped over onto its top (total-loss) and c6 incomplete for the pic ( didnt read the post on johnson)

and a c6 is by all means a snaped neck but with long pins to hold it together. 30% lose of body movement with high hopes and a cane.

post-474-141090170313_thumb.jpg

Steve M. Parkins

SQ2000 is not a Cozy IV.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Rego Burger experienced this at Port Alfred, South Africa.

An unfortunate sequence of bad decisions made him overrun the end of the runway, struck two trees and flipped it.

He had no known reinforcing to the canopy.

He's nearly done rebuilding the plane.

post-4196-141090170324_thumb.jpg

post-4196-141090170327_thumb.jpg

I live in my own little world! but its OK, they know me here!

Chris Van Hoof, Johannesburg, South Africa operate from FASY (Baragwanath)

Cozy Mk IV, ZU-CZZ, IO-360 (200hp) 70x80 prop