Camera Help for Winglets

DeStoriesAir

We are planning on putting a mini camera out on each wingtip. Anyone know of any clear color quality cameras and where to get them. the wires will run through the wing into the cockpit and most likely be hooked up to a mini laptop!! Any help. Thanks

19 yrs in building.....She'll Fly Someday Soon!

Check on the Velocity website, a Mr Rivera has had a pair of camera's on his Velo winglets for quite a few years. Look under builders and it is on his web site.

Jack

We are planning on putting a mini camera out on each wingtip. Anyone know of any clear color quality cameras and where to get them. the wires will run through the wing into the cockpit and most likely be hooked up to a mini laptop!! Any help. Thanks

Yea, Rich's setup is cool, but one thing - his camera is not well suited for flying towards the sun, and it has a pretty large optical lens (at least from the shape of his covers). I'm picking up one of these cameras because they deal well with a lot of light without blowing out, and maintain good color.

http://www.vholdr.com/contourhd/helmetcam

Brett

n44vf.com

Rich's camera winglet

Posted Image

Posted Image

---

Brett Ferrell

Velocity XL/FG

Cincinnati, OH

http://www.velocityxl.com

I've thought about how it would be nice to have a small surveillance-type camera mounted in the top inboard side of one of the winglets, pointed toward the back of the plane. The main use would be for engine start, so you could make sure nobody is wandering close to your prop. Secondary use would be to check on the engine in flight in case you suspect fire or some other problem (trailing smoke).

I've thought about how it would be nice to have a small surveillance-type camera mounted in the top inboard side of one of the winglets, pointed toward the back of the plane. The main use would be for engine start, so you could make sure nobody is wandering close to your prop. Secondary use would be to check on the engine in flight in case you suspect fire or some other problem (trailing smoke).

Actually, that's a great Idea. At least that way I gould get a look at the rest of you guys while I'm flying. :D

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

bferrell let me know how that camera works out for you. Will you be sending the video footage to a EFIS or anything like that for recording?

Right now I am working on the set up of the cameras in the top of the winglet! I have a tube that runs down the vertical and will go into the fuse. We are making the top cap removable on the winglet so we can have easier access to the camera and it will also allow us in the future to play with different shapes for the vertical tips

19 yrs in building.....She'll Fly Someday Soon!

Will do. I don't plan on having in-aircraft viewing capability, it will just record to micro HCSD card, and I will record audio separately to a digital recorder from the intercom (the camera doesn't have an external mic connection), and combine and edit them separately. I'm not looking to monitor the recording in flight, nor check for fire, I just want to make videos/movies of our flights. This should be a pretty decent camera, but it (intentionally) doesn't have a bunch of connectivity options. I will mostly mount it between the front seat headrests, on the glareshield, maybe the strake.

Brett

---

Brett Ferrell

Velocity XL/FG

Cincinnati, OH

http://www.velocityxl.com