new to the forum

Good afternoon Group,

How are we all doing today? I decided that waiting a day after I signed on to the forum I thought I would stick my head out of the bushes sort of speak.

I am getting serious about buying a partly started Cozy Mark IV here in MN. So I have a couple of question. How did most of you get into canard aircraft. My reasoning may not make sense but here goes.... I want something that looks cool on the ground, cross country runner, good visability.

Those are just a few of the things. I am looking for. I have to confess I have not really built a composite airccraft before. I've helped my dad build or try to build wooden airplanes but not foam.

I think it will be both fun, and a learning experience.

take care,

pilotwannabe

How I got into canard aircraft????

Good question. Back in 1983 I had a cousin living with me he brought home a kit airplane magazine with a Longeze on it. I thought this was very cool. I had some extra money at the time and thought building one of these things and learning to fly would be a great challenge. At the time I lived in S. Calif. The first Saturday I had off I drove up to Mojave and got a ride in the original Longeze if I remember right Michael Dilly gave me that ride. I was hooked. It helped that as I drove up in the morning Dick Rutan was doing aerobatics over the field in his baby blue Longeze. I bought a set of plans and 5 years later I had a longeze all of my own. I took flying lessons about 6 months before I finished the plane and had a fresh pilots license to fly it with. Been hooked on them ever since. Life does get in the way and things happen while you build them. One of the reasons I dont have my old Long anymore is when I started the plane I had 2 kids when I finished I had 5 something had to go the plane lost. Now the kids are gone almost and my CozyIV is coming along nicely. STeve Build on Its and addiction.

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

.... How do I know if there are other Canard owners here in MN?

Since you're interested in building a COZY, you join the COZY mailing list and get a database of all members, including locations. You have access to hundreds of COZY builders and flyers. See the website in my signature for info on how to join.

Pilotwannabe:

Thankyou for the nice words about my web site. It is not a true web site but it does have all the pictures I have taken of the build. A lot of other builders have much nicer web sites that are much easier to navigate. This one worked for me because I dont read html and dont really have time to learn right now. I would recommend it to anyone that needs a web site with no time or doesnt know how to set up there own. I recommend when you start your build you do something to keep track of your hours and all the pictures you take. When I built my longeze there was no internet or web sites just regular cameras and picture albums I had to drive to someones house to see another canard now I just click buttons. They are still better in person though. Steve build on

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21