Sun-N-Fun 2009

Drew,

Will you and the family be camping or staying in a hotel?

As things stand, if Kris decides not to go, I will head down to Huntsville and pick up my friend Scott and take him along. We will be meeting Jim and Peggy Dall at LAL (they were in the Piper when we went to Tazwell last year.)

Allen

Long-Ez N701DS

1998 O-320 160HP

• 4 weeks later...

Had to miss it due to finals, although my hangermate and his wife went and said that they didn't see as many Canards as they anticipated. I'll be interested to hear some fist hand reports. Drew, you there?

Allen

Long-Ez N701DS

1998 O-320 160HP

I made it for one day, Friday. Just flew in in the morning and back out after the airshow. As you can see, not too many canards. I was a bit worried about taxi'ing of the grass (very little clearance on the pants) but the ground was almost as hard as concrete.

I'm going to write SnF and email... Who paints a dark green circle on black pavement:envy: Florecent green would have been smarter. (You had to be there.):)

post-9628-14109016713_thumb.jpg

6 hours down and 6 hours back from NJ.

When I first went to S&F back in 96 or 97 (I had no airplane back then), the ramp was FULL of canards. Since I have been bringing a canard to S&F (from about 2003 or so to present), I have not seen that many canards. I only attend one day---so all the canards might be showing up on the days I don't attend. I usually see 1 or 2 rows of canards.

Noted absence included Dynon and Bluemountain.

As a side note, attended Disney as well (3 days worth). The good news is that I never waited more than 15 minutes for a ride (is that a good time to go---or is attendance down for this part of the season?)