Infinity Retracts

I'm neutral here...but I think your simply asking the question evidences your understanding of the situation of receiving the gear in a timely manner. Don't be hacked about it. Unless someone is new to the game, everything is pretty well discussed.

On the other hand, in light of the waiting, do you think if someone did have a set of the gear they really would be willing to part with it? Maybe for 500 bucks over list.

It is all very bizarre. It occurs to me the last part of the equation is how would one get replacement parts if one needed them? Its just all very incredible.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

I am aware of the Infinity wait. I almost sent a deposit for a set back in 1998. It was the same issue back then. I've seen sets for sale pop up over the years on occasion so It never hurts to ask. If a set were out there over list price Id pay it. I hate waiting for stuff....especially when my money is gaining someone else interest.

I speak with JD quite often. He has delivered gear in the past and will continue to do so. Most of the delay comes as a result of amassing enough orders for a production run and such.

It's quality stuff and while I like others hate to have to wait, I'm willing to do so for this product.

What I do know is that JD has been very up-front about the timeline with me. I also know that there has been some negative posts on various forums regarding the same.

Plan ahead...... be patient and you'll have some first class gear.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

It seems that people who ordered in past are told their gear is coming but it never comes when promised. How are you sure you will get yours this summer?

I only ask because I dont want to be waiting for 2 years for gear after I place an order so I am curious if you know something more certain on delivery times.

It seems that people who ordered in past are told their gear is coming but it never comes when promised. How are you sure you will get yours this summer?

He's not, he is just trying to keep a positive spin on things. he has not been waiting long enough, he's still in that positive vibe. "if you pay for it. it will come. " lets hope that all the negative vibe out there does not prevail as it has so many times in the past.

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

I've dissassembled and examined a set of damaged Infnity gear.

Surprisingly the gear is not as complex as they would appear. There are relatively few parts, and everything could be made on a mill and lathe relatively easily.

If mine never come (that I ordered in May 2004, "in stock" then btw), I'm pretty confident that I could machine replacement parts.

...If mine never come (that I ordered in May 2004, "in stock" then btw)...

Truly you must be joking or exaggerating or something.:confused:

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

......and as a result of this never ending pissing contest, I am always reluctant to post to this subject.

I'm always amazed by those who can predict the future......... but have never met the manufacturer.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

I hope all who read my earlier post realize it was in jest. I just could not resist.

I hope all who ordered and will order in the future get their retracts soon. From what I know and have heard, JD is a stand up guy. His products are not of the "vapor Ware" status. If I was doing retracts, my order would already be in as well. I swear, the rate I am able to build lately, I could wait and find stuff to do for several years of waiting.

He will be getting my order for his Infinity Grips, and my Matco brake order is just around the corner.

Kraig