applying peel ply horizontally

Big Steve

I learned a new trick about applying peel ply horizonatally.

I am cutting my peelply off of a 60" roll after a 6-8 hour layup my epoxy is not very sticky and it is hard to hold the peelply on. It has a tendancy to fall to the ground get dust on it and make me want to say words that I should not say. So what i found that works is to take and dip my brush in epoxy and go down the area that need the peel ply. I put a nice wet dab about every foot. Right now I am doing my center section spar and I had to peel ply bothe sides of the bottom of the layup. after I have gone the entire length I just stick the peel ply on and it stays right there. Some of you were probably already doing this. It works great. One other tip do your second shear web layup on saw horses not your table it is to hard to lean over the spar and see what is happening on the other side. Also if you do this before you put your nose on your plane you can store it in a corner out of the way on the f22 here is a picture. Posted Image

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

Nice B'port  
...Chrissi

I wish it was a B'port even better an eze track unfortunately it is a Taiwan knock off. It works good and better yet it is paid for. One of the things selling my old Longeze paid for.

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Working on Chapter 19,21

Steve - have you tried brushing the epoxy OVER the peel-ply? That's what I do. That way I get a nice smooth finish, the peel-ply stays put, and I'mnot adding epoxy to the layup. Just a thought. Lookin' good! I'm still in the middle of Chapter 9. :)

Phil Kriley

Cozy #1460

Chapter 13 - nose

Right wing done - working on right winglet.

¿what is a B port??

It's the greenish machine to the right of the fuselage in the picture. http://www.bpt.com/ Unless you are making all your metal parts or just have a thing for cool toys, you won't need one :)

and leave it to Chrissi to be snooping around in other people's garages.

Regards,

Jason T Heath

MarkIV #1418

heathjasont@yahoo.com

Posted ImageBport stands for Bridge port milling machine They were originally made in Bridgport conneticut. Now in S. America. I do not think you guys understood my above new trick. Using a heat gun and applying epoxy from the top is how I used to do it. If I did not have enough wet epoxy on the part the peel ply would blow off onto my dirty dusty floor. By putting the dabs of epoxy on every foot or so I just put the peel ply on like it was sticky tape and it stays put. Then I go back with the heat gun and pull up epoxy from under neath and add a little if it needs it. It is a whole lot eze er

I think I just made up a cool new word. That picture really flatters my shop it is a mess I just cant take the time to clean I have to make parts. This picture show what my shop really looks like. STeve

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Working on Chapter 19,21

This should warrant starting a new thread..on "shops".

The Goood, The baaad, and the ugly.

Post shop pics -without any fudging now...there and face the music.:)

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

This should warrant starting a new thread..on "shops".

The Goood, The baaad, and the ugly.

Post shop pics -without any fudging now...there and face the music.:)

Well my shop is right now probably the worst I have ever seen it. I will take some shots in the morning and definately post them, since I am about to do a big clean up and get ready for the next chapter.

Man does it feel good to get another chapter finished. I get all pumped up to begin something new.

More parts from the Girrrls!!!

PS., Spar complete in 75 hours!

Kraig