Lycoming TO360C1A6D

Lycoming TO360 Updraft cooling system (TO360C1A6D) TT SMOH 75hrs.

I have a excelent engine for sale, and I understad that this engine

most be a very good options for a canard project.

With the turbo boost you should be able to go all the way to the top.

Why do I sell this engine? The engine is currently installed in my Lancair,

I bought the a/c in october last year (2006) and had no clue.

But I learned pretty fast that updraft cooling system i totally wrong for Lancair :(

To convert the engine is a big cost, as well get a custom made nice looking cowling for mye a/c.

I figured out that I want to try selling the engine and instead go for something else.

The engine was overhauled by Performance Aero Engines now named Performance Engines,

and went through a full blue printed overhaul: http://www.performanceengines.com/engines.html

So with this blueprint overhaul and the good reputation for Performance Engines,

you now have possibilities to get a realy power boost from behind.

The engine is painted blue and is looking realy good, actually I don't want sell it!

But the fact and common sense must come first, it's properly easier to get another

engine when modify the hole plane to get it smooth??

The builder I bought the plane from told me that he in the last split second ordered wrong,

but thought he could manage to get this looking good. But the fact is, it's not possible

due to the much bigger and higher cowling needed. The cost for the engine was more when 30 grand.

At the moment Im not sure which parts will go with the engine, it's something that has

to be discussed direct with a buyer. Im talking about starters, ingnition etc.

-Full history of engine.

-Came from a Commander 112TC.

-Located in Florida.

Please contact me at roger(change this text with the funny a)iverin.com

http://www.ohcrap.com/pictures/N360DF/EnginePics/SmallerSize/index.html

Best regards

Roger Iverin

• 7 months later...

Theres a LOT of plumbing that wont fit in a Cozy cowl here.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

So, what are you looking for, for price? You know what you want. You said it "was" 30 grand. It's also carburated? You should sell it with starter and all the goods. Otherwise you might end up with a buyer who later needs the stuff and you who cant use it on your new powerplant. Post a ballpark price you want for your next investment.

• 8 months later...

Folks, the engine is still for sale.

I trusted one person who wanted engine, but :irked:

The engine will sell with the parts like gov. etc.

A engine like this cost approc. $55K, just check Lycoming price list.

My target have been $20K.....

Please make offer !

• 3 weeks later...

So, what are you looking for, for price? You know what you want. You said it "was" 30 grand. It's also carburated? You should sell it with starter and all the goods. Otherwise you might end up with a buyer who later needs the stuff and you who cant use it on your new powerplant. Post a ballpark price you want for your next investment.

The engine will sell with all you need, even the baffling !

It's like you say, I will not need it.

This engine shoule be worth 15K,

however all offers wanted.

I have the same engine installed in my Velocity. Is there anybody els out there with the same configuration? Please contact me at alfons@iafrica.com

I have major problems with oil temperatur and the test pilot flying my Velocity refused to go again with the turbo charger in it!

running any 360 will require at least a 13 row cooler with a turbo it will need double that. do you have the cooler in the nose?

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

running any 360 will require at least a 13 row cooler with a turbo it will need double that. do you have the cooler in the nose?

What I have done so far:

Install large oil cooler #2 inside the engine cowling with 2 electric fans to take the heat away when running on the ground waiting for take off clearence. It is doing the job but it is not good enough for flying

Install smal oil cooler #3 at the bottom cowling housed in a external intake exit system not to interfere with the standard updraft cooling of the engine.

The area around the turbo charger is covered with heatshielding the aileron cable is replaced with a teflon cable and covered with 2 layers heat shielding and a firehose.

My question is has any body tryed this or in the process of trying it?

website info will follow!

What I have done so far:

Install large oil cooler #2 inside the engine cowling with 2 electric fans to take the heat away when running on the ground waiting for take off clearence. It is doing the job but it is not good enough for flying

Install smal oil cooler #3 at the bottom cowling housed in a external intake exit system not to interfere with the standard updraft cooling of the engine.

The area around the turbo charger is covered with heatshielding the aileron cable is replaced with a teflon cable and covered with 2 layers heat shielding and a firehose.

My question is has any body tryed this or in the process of trying it?

website info will follow!

http://blogspace.mweb.co.za/default.aspx?alias=Velocity

looking at the pics it is hard to tell if you have installed them so there is a differential of pressure across the coolers . you need at least 3-4 " of water pressure to get any cooling. those fans will not put out more then about 1/2" of water pressure . the cooler needs to be baffled the same as the engine with cooling air coming in from the bottom and exiting at the aft end near the prop. this will give you a differential of pressure while on the ground and in the air. you can test to see what the differential is by using a manometer. connect each hose to a aquarium air stone and mount them to the cooler one in front and one behind in the air flow. run the hoses to the cockpit and connect to the manometer so you can monitor the pressures during the flight. I did this to solve my oil temp problems and it was worth the effort without it you are just guessing as to what is going on back there.

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

looking at the pics it is hard to tell if you have installed them so there is a differential of pressure across the coolers . you need at least 3-4 " of water pressure to get any cooling. those fans will not put out more then about 1/2" of water pressure . the cooler needs to be baffled the same as the engine with cooling air coming in from the bottom and exiting at the aft end near the prop. this will give you a differential of pressure while on the ground and in the air. you can test to see what the differential is by using a manometer. connect each hose to a aquarium air stone and mount them to the cooler one in front and one behind in the air flow. run the hoses to the cockpit and connect to the manometer so you can monitor the pressures during the flight. I did this to solve my oil temp problems and it was worth the effort without it you are just guessing as to what is going on back there.

Hallo Lynn I think we are on the wrong Forum "Sales"

This is the firs time I'm working with this Forum stuff I never bothered to type around the world and only used e-mail also that bloging is new for me I just started it today. Should we better talk in an other forum like Turbocharging

The Idea with the pressure different detection is exelent I will try that.

I added 2 more pix "bottom cowling" with oil cooler