I have a question about the Newsletters

barecool

I read somewhere that there are going to be no more newsletter again. is this true or is aircraft spruce going to keep posting them on their website...

This is true -- Nat Puffer is no longer writing them. However, you can get your newsletter fix by subscribing to the Central States Association, which also publishes a quarterly newsletter.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Almost all Cozy newsletter text is archived on Marc Zeitlin's site:

http://www.cozybuilders.org/newsletters/

Unfortunately (through no fault of Marc or of the submitter) most will be missing the pictures or drawings. However, all of the "changes" are recorded there. I can only remember a few changes documented via drawings.

Nat Puffer had put out enough of these newsletters that the error correction had reached a point of dimishing return. Very few errors are being caught anymore. So, build confidently.

Wayne Hicks

Cozy IV Plans #678

http://www.ez.org/pages/waynehicks

• 2 years later...

Pulling a thread from the dark, distant past....

Do the Cozy newsletter CDs that Aircraft Spruce sells have scanned copies of the newsletters in PDF (or something similar) files, or are they just text?

Thanks,

Ryan

Cozy Plans #1552

Ryan

Cozy Plans #1552

Chapter 4

Hey Rick.

I've been ageing the plans for about 6 weeks now. Not having started building yet is killing me. The big holdup at the moment is deciding which epoxy to use and figuring out how I'm going to ventilate/air condition my garage. I think the ventilation and cooling issue will require a new window or two.

Ryan

Ryan

Cozy Plans #1552

Chapter 4

Ryan wrote:

deciding which epoxy to use and figuring out how I'm going to ventilate/air condition my garage. I think the ventilation and cooling issue will require a new window or two.

Heck who needs ventilation after a nice 10 hour layup with eze poxy I feel no pain at all it also kills all the flys and runs the cock roach's out. I was going to use mgs on this project. But when I started nobody could get any. So I had the pump for eze poxy just started using it. I built the Long with it so I was used to it. (eze poxy is just like the old saftey poxy) Availability is important to me. I dont like vendors slowing me down. Steve

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

Hey Rick.

I've been aging the plans for about 6 weeks now. Not having started building yet is killing me...

Aging is good, I aged mine a year! :rolleyes:

Similar to Steve, I chose Pro-Set because it seems to be readily available. MGS was going through "import from Canada" issues. Not for me thanks.

Build. We ain't getting any younger ;)

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

Build. We ain't getting any younger ;)

Rick

Aint that the truth. However, I figure if I'm building in a nice comfortable shop with epoxy that I am comfortible with I'll finish faster than in a blazing hot shop with epoxy I hate.

I recently moved to north Florida, so the garage gets well over 100F during the day. I don't have a thermometer in there yet, but after 5 minutes in that kind of heat (and don't forget the humidity) sweat is poaring off me. Air conditioning is CRITICAL for me. ;)

On the other hand, when it gets too hot I'm only 10 minutes from the beach:cool2:

Ryan

Ryan

Cozy Plans #1552

Chapter 4

I recently moved to north Florida, ...

I didn't think you were that old (ba-da bing)

Have your garage door guy replace one of the overhead door panels with one that has 'windows'. Paint to match.

If you can't reframe the walls in the garage for a normal window type A/C, might be able to shoe-horn a casement type room A/C in a stud cavity. These typically run 14-15" wide, but taller.

If flush with cash, there's some pretty trick 'split' type A/C's. Often sized for just a room or two, like a trail... modular home.

Lots of options, just add $

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

There is usually a people sized door to the outside of a garage. Find and old door or box off with plywood and insulation and put a window shaker A/C until the plane is done, or at least until fall/winter. Summer is the only REALLY hot time. I'm in the St. Petersburg area.

The garage only has the single "roll-up" type two car garage door. Even if the garage was not going to be an aircraft factory in the near future I'd think about putting in a person size door.

On another note, I visited a builder in the area today. With the cross ventilation from a few open roll-up doors, a person size door and a fan it was cool enough that I was not sweating much at all. I'm not sure about how hot it was today, but that may be the right answer instead of me trying to cool the neighborhood. Maybe the air conditioning isn't that critical after all.:D And like Hans says it is really only hot during the summer.

Ryan

Cozy Plans #1552

Chapter 4