what planet??

dust

If the top poster can talk about freezing pilot and dog at 25,000 feet unpressurized, you are hereby authorized to post your opinions (not that you needed my permission anyway).

What planet are you on, plenty of unpreasurized planes go to 25000. The man who died of hypoxia because his ox was filled with air instead of ox in the 337 that i got my engine out of can attest to that, we will have an oximeter on board to protect against that.

I have a call into my vet to find out at what altitude to add ox for my dog, as i write this.

As for freezing, i will overcome that, rest assured. I have a huge source of heat in the back of the plane and one way or another, i will get a comfortable cabin.

I want speed, other than change airframesand go to a huge engine, the answer is to go up, it is as simple as that.

There are problems to solve, they will be solved and i will talk about them here, as long as i am not moderated out.

enjoy the build

mike

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/

Easy Tiger!

Make yourself a nice cup of tea, sit down, and chill out.

Top poster eh? I think you deserve a badge, or maybe a certificate.

Airliners pressurise their cabins to 8,000 feet, My CPL Human Factors lecturer tells us we can only go above 10,000 feet for thirty minutes without oxygen, and not above 13,000.

Well, I've walked up to 16,000 feet, and people have been up Everest without oxygen. I think Sir Edmund Hilary stopped for a smoke at about 27,000 feet. A guy from Nigeria made it to Heathrow on the undercarriage of an Airbus.

I think if you keep the hound warm, you'd be safe to 15,000, and then supply oxygen above that. Keeping it low on ox will stop it bouncing around the cabin.

I still like bowlersaid's "iron lung", I reckon that's a ripper.

:D

The Coconut King

Look no4, it is very important on the internet and on this forum to dispel false info when it appears, if the info is not refuted, then it is taken as truth.

Lots of unpreasurized planes fly at 25000 with ox for the speed AND weather and for someone, especially with bold, itilac and underlined name on this forum implies something is silly which is clearly not, then it should be pointed out.

end of story

enjoy the build

Mike

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

Originally posted by dust

...it is very important on the internet and on this forum to dispel false info when it appears...

I did not suggest anything to be true or false with regard to taking your dog up to 25,000 feet in a Cozy, nor did I suggest planes cannot fly that high.

...implies something is silly...

Well, maybe I did that.

Lots of unpreasurized planes fly at 25000 with ox for the speed AND weather...

I am not experienced to properly address this question. My humble opinion is that when confronted with the Perfect Storm, and without the avionics required to definitively determine the ceiling of the storm, and without a jet engine in the back, my reaction will likely be to turn around, change course, or land immediately.

Remember, this is the Coffee House. Enjoy the coffee.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Jon Matcho wrote

"I am not experienced to properly address this question. My humble opinion is that when confronted with the Perfect Storm, and without the avionics required to definitively determine the ceiling of the storm, and without a jet engine in the back, my reaction will likely be to turn around, change course, or land immediately."

Well, my humble opinion is to know the weather before i travel, keep track of it en route and to fly around the "perfect storm" but never through it. the cloud tops of the "perfect storm" can reach 60000 feet and there i cannot go.

I will never fly through lightening, plastic planes don't belong there.

But as No4 sugested there is plenty of weather that you can go over if you have the ability to go to 25000 feet or 15000 or whatever. The higher you can go the more weather you can avoid.

The best GA plane that i know of for this is ruttans Proteus, it flies at over 60000 feet and is over all the weather, but alas, no plans exhist, the only thing special in being in this plane is that you have to wear a preasure suit, he borrowed his from nasa, don't think they would loan me one.

Now of course i ammmmm enjoying the coffee, but if you continue to misquote me or ridicule me i will respond.

I have a dream that i have been living for 5 1/2 years now and I am getting to the part that there are no plans to follow, so I have to make them up as i go.

So, once again, thanks for implying that i plan on going through bad weather, actually, just the oposite is the case. I own my own business and it runs just as poorly with me there as when i am not there, so when traveling by GA aircraft, i don't have "get there itus", as witnessed by my three day stay in atlanta watching the weather chanel last february.

enjoy the build

Mike

i can be reached at

Us licensed pilots in the US of A have this little thing called FARs we have to contend with. FAR 91.211 (formerly 91.32)

has set 12,500 ft msl for the maximum altitude a pilot may fly without Ox. This is one reg that applies to experimental AC as well.

Personally, I always try to abide by the FARs (it's always saved my life) but I have never seen the FAA police plane pull anyone over at 12800 for not using Ox. As a matter of fact, Ive never seen an FAA police plane. If there was one, I don't think they would pull you over anyway. Most pilots that push the limit on Ox use (especially at night when eyesight is affected) usually turn themselves in - to dirt.

The FAR isn't my idea or my opinion, but the rest is.

Now...back to making airplane parts..

Kevin

Back to building... #618 Cozy MK IV

My Cozy web pages, courtesy: Rick Maddy... :cool: WN9G :rolleyes:

91.211 Oxygen Requirements

12,500 - 14,000: Use O2 if flight above 12.5 exceeds 30 minutes. (One can theoretically fly above 12,500 without O2 for a little less than 30 minutes. So if anyone tells you you can't fly bove 12.5, tell them they're wrong. If the argument lasts more than 30 minutes, tell them they're correct.) :-)

>14,000: Use O2 at all times

>15,000: Passengers at least provided O2 (Notice here that you as the pilot don't have to MAKE the passengers use O2. You just have to provide it.)

...Wayne Hicks

Wayne Hicks

Cozy IV Plans #678

http://www.ez.org/pages/waynehicks

I was looking over canard designs and I came across an "Out of this world" design.

I stold the pic from the net, but can't remember where I got it.

If anyone knows who or where this pic came from ,Please let me know.

post-458-141090152241_thumb.jpg

Joseph@TheNativeSpirit.Net

I am Building a Jo-Z IV StarShip.

What Do YOU Want?

http://www.wingco.com/

New type he is testing. He did crash on his first flight....in fairnes, it was not supposed to be a flight, just taxi test that got carried away and it was not a serious crash....if memory serves.

The owner use to build Velocity wings for those who didn't enjoy the build. I think he would build "fast build' wings for Velocity, Inc. too. There is a lot of info on his prototype and his development hopes. You can ever preorder.

One of the selling points is the ballistic parachute feature. It is a five place bird. Most of its flight characteristics were "tested" with the X-Plane flight sim.

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber

Velocity SE/FG w/yoke. Zoom, zoom, zoom.

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...