Adjustable rudder pedals?

RSD

1 hour ago, RSD said:

Has anyone fitted or found a set of adjustable rudder pedals that work with a cable control system like we typically have in Canards?

Cozy Girrrls (CG Products) sell adjustable rudder pedals for the Cozy and EZ.

• Like 1

Andrew Anunson

I work underground and I play in the sky... no problem

6 hours ago, RSD said:

I had a look on their website before posting but didn't find any - will email them.  Cheers!

Go to the CG products website, click on products, then Cozy (or Long-EZ), then scroll to Chapter 13.  IMG_0178.jpg

Andrew Anunson

I don't recall seeing any that are adjustable in flight, but there may be an existing design somewhere. 

Some of the infinitely adjustable (within a range) have the actuator cable anchored and sliding through the actuator pedal assembly, moving the pedal linearly for adjustment.  I suppose those could be made in flight adjustable in some fashion. It would need to be rather robust and add weight.

20 hours ago, RSD said:

Oops sorry should have mentioned that I am looking for inflight adjustable ones

Really?   Why would you need or want that? 

Edited by macleodm3
  • Like 1

Andrew Anunson

On 9/7/2019 at 3:58 AM, RSD said:

Oops sorry should have mentioned that I am looking for inflight adjustable ones

Yeah, why "need" this specification?  It's your plane so you can setup 100% for you.  You can't switch seats with anyone in flight either, so... adjust on the ground and you've saved the unnecessary weight and complexity.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

RSD, let us know why you think you need in flight adjustment...

I do know that when I sat in Kent's Long, the pedals were not quite adjusted for my size (6'4"), but I also learned it would be darned comfortable to fly since even if they were properly adjusted, when flying along I could easily stretch out past the pedals Vs say a Cessna 172 or the like.

Inflight adjustment was technically the wrong term but describes what I'm wanting - the cockpit design rules out any adjusting mechanism that requires someone to get down amonsgst the pedals and undo nuts & bolts or pins etc - you would only ever want to work down there if you really needed to (and are very flexible) so I am wanting something that can be adjusted forward and back by a small electric motor attached to a threaded rod or something similar.  I've seen plenty of adjustab;e rudder pedals is aircraft that use hydraulics to operate the rudders but hadn't seen a cable system that had that convenience.

Edited by RSD

RSD, most canards including the Long EZ and Cozy have access to the pedals through a removable cover on the nose. I think it should be relatively simple to adjust the pedals. However, I have not built or owned either so I could be remembering it wrong. I seem to recall a picture of my feet in Kent Ashton's Long showing the pedal assembly taken through the nose panel, but I cannot find it at the moment.