Quickie drill jig

Big Steve

I thought some of you could use this quickie drill jig idea. I took a chunk of aluminum and squared off the face. Then drilled a hole through it the size of my drill I was going to use. You mate it flush up against the surface you are going to drill and you get a nice straite hole. I used it to pre drill my spar pilot holes. Yes I am back Jon sent me my password. Thanks Jon. Build on STeve

Posted Image

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

Great youre back! Was wondering about you. I guess a guy could do the same thing with a block of wood. Wouldnt be so robust, but not many have 1-1/2" thick chunks of aluminum sitting around.

Nice construction tip.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Along these lines, this is the jig I used to drill the holes for the elevator tube.

Quick/dirty on the table saw, blade tilted to 45*, run the block through on both edges/sides ("V" is now perfectly centered). Drill the pilot/guide hole in the jig on the drill press. "V" up, hand rotate the drill bit till the bit touches both edges of the "V", now drill away.

Rick

post-4539-141090170527_thumb.jpg

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.