LongEZ with 320

michaelj

The moment of truth is here. I have a "finished" Long EZ, 0320E2D, downdraft cooling, long nose etc. Using a set of scales that I could never justify purchasing with my own funds here are the results. Total empty weight is 949. Empty c.g. calculation is 111.4 . This gives me a minimum front seat weight of 170 without ballast. The maximum front seat weight is irrevellant since you just can't wedge a 403 pound human in this airplane.:bad:

I'll add some ballast for the first flights to get into a nominal c.g. position. I'll most likely have to put some dead weight at the -7 sta. The B&C battery is already up front in anticipation of being a little heavy on the aft end. When I replace the battery I'll probably use a heavier one.:confused:

The EZ is moving to the Springfield, TN airport tomorrow unless we get rained out.

Build On!

You are about 1.5 hours SE of me. I'd like to get in on the action of a new Long hatching, if something may happen Monday and I can be of any help. Is there anything I may be able to do for you Monday? Do you expect high speed taxi testing?

Dave Adams

Long EZ N83DT

Race 83

We will trailer it to the airport today, reinstall the canard and wings. If I get everything hooked up we can do some low speed taxi. Of course I want the DAR to inspect and advise before we start the serious testing. I have accumulated a couple of hours on the engine already. I have even had it out and checked the brakes. It has Grove's brakes and wheels which I really like. My Cozy IV had Clevelands and the Groves are much more powerful.

You are welcome to drop by and look anytime. My cell is 615-830-5408.

When I build my next Longeze the one thing I plan on changing is putting and 0320 in it. My 0235 flew nice but a couple of times I could have really used some more power. Hope the flights go well. build on STeve

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21