LMGB-B Bushings

gullikson

I'm looking for the LMGB-B bushing dimensions and material callout but can't seem to find them in the archive materials I have seen so far, except for the .062" flange thickness as shown in The Cozy Newsletter #9. I want to install my landing gear attach brackets in the next few days but need to have some bushings fabricated. Better yet, does anyone have four LMGB-B bushings they could sell?

Thanks,

Greg

Which ones are you talking about, the bushings that get pressed into the tubes or the ones that get pressd into the angle brackets?

...Chrissi

Chrissi, I need the ones that get pressed into the angle brackets. Actually, if you had the brackets and the bushings I would buy both;) but, I really need the bushings because I don't have a lathe.

Thanks,

Greg

OK, I have some long ones that are 0.001" oversized so I cannot use them in the tubes, I will see if I have a mandrel to hold them while I shorten them.

Now that the CNC Bridgeport is running the angle brackets are a no-brainer.

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Now that the CNC Bridgeport is running the angle brackets are a no-brainer.

...Chrissi

GRRR

My X2 received its timing pulles and belts today....

it is a lot of fun and tough learning curce... this "no brainer stuff"

Hennie

Randi had to come out to the barn last night and watch me..I am like a kid with a new toy watching the flood coolant switch on and off automatically, of course Randi really is just checking to make sure not a drop goes on the floor (there is an 8" high plex guard all the way around the table). We had to special order coolant with antifreeze in it :rolleyes:

Hennie, to keep you new toy new looking, cut a lot of air first, then when you have an actual tool in it, try cutting air about an inch above the part watching it like a hawk for gouges and other indescretions. A program that lets you visualize the tool path in 3D really helps to pick up errors before you drive the end mill through your table.

Quick change tool holders really help prevent screw ups because you have the tool length offsets plugged in and are less likely to make Z-axis errors where a lot of the pain and tears come from (our other CNC mill without QC tooling can attest to this:irked: )

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

A program that lets you visualize the tool path in 3D really helps to pick up errors before you drive the end mill through your table.

What are you using?.:D ..... Visualization wise

Well, depends on what you are working on a the time, I write 99% of the code longhand with MS Notepad, if I run it on Mach3 control software it has a toolpath window that displays the toolpath and rapids in 3D, good enough to catch "flyers" where you said go X rather than Z or counter clockwise in an arc rather than clockwise, these things will become quite obvious in the toolpath representations.

VisualMill is great for 3D solids CAM showing both raw material and spindle and the entire cutting process in high speed. I use that for some comoplex parts.

Surfcam... the ultimate, so is Mastercam.

A useful tool is MCU Metalcut Utilities, gives all of the above analysis of g-code and alows post editing much more easily. MCU is about the only thing that will let you take one of the 10K line CAM program outputs and figure out what the hell happended wrong and where in the code it did that. This is why I like to write it the hard way with a text editore, it can be commented as you write it, it is modular so you can break it up and copy it, and on simpler parts it will do it cleaner and faster than CAM software output. I can do a better part in 1K lines than a CAM program will do for the same part in 10K lines. Moral of the story is learn the basics first.

Have fun, Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Moral of the story is learn the basics first.

Have fun, Chrissi

If fun is this tough, I like it tough.

There is quite a cnc home workshop movement in Perth. Some of the guys swear by Vetric and Mach. Most do 2.5 D with it, and will probably suffice for 95% of what I do. I had some training in CNC programming many years ago so that is helping a bit.

All good fun...

Moral of the story is learn the basics first.

Have fun, Chrissi

If fun is this tough, I like it tough.

There is quite a cnc home workshop movement in Perth. Some of the guys swear by Vetric and Mach. Most do 2.5 D with it, and will probably suffice for 95% of what I do. I had some training in CNC programming many years ago so that is helping a bit.

All good fun...

Glad you have some background, some people think CNC will turn them into a machinist, it will only turn you poorer, then destroy tools, machines and materials faster ...with great repeatability :ROTFLMAO:

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Making sure your tool is running within its border, in other words not machining itself and using tool paths are two of the beauties of CNC machining. Doing these simple checks on your screen and without the tool chucked in place before you cut one or a thousand of your desires is helpful. Its like flying got to do those checks to avoid the hanger rash of learning.

S

Making sure your tool is running within its border, in other words not machining itself and using tool paths are two of the beauties of CNC machining. Doing these simple checks on your screen and without the tool chucked in place before you cut one or a thousand of your desires is helpful. Its like flying got to do those checks to avoid the hanger rash of learning.

S

Ah but Sam, Life is a process of hanger-rashing you into something that is either flyable or destined for the fly-mart :D

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Chrissi,

True enough, I agree Murphy's law exist but the aim is to avoid this law I doubt if I or we will ever eliminate it. I have plenty of stripped couplings between lead screws and stepper motors, broken cutters, fried drives, the list goes on. Yes it either gets fixed or scrapped.

Production or one offs does create everything imaginable and the cheque book is always near the top of the pile.

S