Catto 3 blade 180HP and misc

We have changed to a 2 bladed Catto from a Catto 3 blade. We also have a smoother and a hershey kiss spinner, including hardware. The only thing missing is a crush plate and prop extension. The prop has about 170 hrs, and was overhauled by Catto once. It could stand some sprucing up; Catto does that reasonably. I can get it done, or the buyer to their own specs; it could be re-pitched then. The prop is in Southern California at CNO.

Other stuff:

internal transponder antenna, never used.

Older Electroair with mag timer and extra coil unit, also 170 hrs.

Slick impulse mag, about 130 hrs.

Ellison Throttle Body with Featherlite air box and device to orient air flow for Lycoming 0-360, about 170 hrs.

Brock front strut hardware, about 40 hours.

Your know what this stuff is and what it's worth. Reasonable offers only, please. Will sell separately.

The prop was overhauled following a nose wheel collapse when some gravel was kicked up into it during the subsequent slide. We took the opportunity to take a little off for stronger takeoff and climb performance; otherwise, we might have repainted it ourselves.

It now has some paint scorching because of an exhaust valve leak and some fuel testing we are doing, which is why it could stand sprucing up. If someone has a 200 hp engine or wants more cruise performance, Catto can do that as well.

We have all four exhaust outlets in line with the prop hub, and feel we can avoid future scorching as well as improve our top end economy by going with a 2 blade and clocking it so that it is not in front of an opening exhaust valve. Others have addressed the problem by combining the four pipes into a single exit beneath the cowling farther from the prop. We don't want to make the cowling and exhaust changes to do that.

We flew with the 3 blade quite a while, and have no complaints apart from having to wipe soot off the blades. The 3 blade may look cooler, and is farther from the ground on landing with the shorter blades. We've just decided that, for our purposes, we're going to switch.

Could not make out the diameter or pitch of the prop mentioned ...

I live in my own little world! but its OK, they know me here!

Chris Van Hoof, Johannesburg, South Africa operate from FASY (Baragwanath)

Cozy Mk IV, ZU-CZZ, IO-360 (200hp) 70x80 prop

It's made by Advanced Aricraft Electronics, Inc. (AAE), Model L-2. I still have the installation manual, but there isn't much to it. I noticed when I dug it out just now that it has a chip in the epoxy on one side, abut 1/8" x 1/4", exposing what I take to be the conductive mesh. It lists for $99; if it were perfect, I'd knock off $20 or so; since it has a chip, I'll take half price. If it doesn't work, I'll give you your money back, but I'm pretty sure it will.

I know the diameter is 64", but I don't know the pitch. I just emailed Catto, and will pass it on when they respond.

"The three bladed is a stock 64x76 Cozy prop for a 360 engine. If the prop

is just in for refinish, no major dings or anything, it runs about $200, up

to $350 for repairs and refinish. "

Catto

We will fairly negotiate the price based on this. Because of scorching, we can guess sprucing up the prop will be more than $200 and less than $350, so we'll assume $300.