Jackpot fun race on the 4th

I was down to Jackpot last night for the 4th of July fireworks show. It is a fabulous show and they always catch the desert on fire so it is like going to a 3 ring circus. There were about 10 canards down there. Even a Cozy IV correct me if I am wrong but I was told the bird in the picture is Nat puffers original Cozy IV. Nice looking airplane it is now a 1 seater and has lots of electronic stuff in it. Living here in Idaho there are not to many canards to see so I always look forward to the Jackpot crowd bringing there planes down close enough for me to drive in and see them. STeve build on

Posted Image

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

Wasn't Nats N14CZ (I think owned by Aaron Hollingsworth and group but not 100% sure). I suppose the rego could have changed by now for s/n #0001.

44cz was Nat's prototype MKIV, now owned by Ken Murphy (he of the full rear seat gas tank and 175 gallon total capacity). 44CZ is 2 inches narrower than the plans version. 14CZ is the first plans conformal MKIV, and is owned by a group in Colorado Springs.

Ken was (is?) working for BMA as test pilot so it is set up for bolting in any of the models and flying the heck out of them while some poor soul has the joy of staring at a laptop screen and hacking code..barf me.

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

... the full rear seat gas tank and 175 gallon total capacity ...

Hi Marc,

Ken wished that he had brought that 175-gallon tank on this trip as avgas was $4.13/gallon! (I tankered home as much as I felt safe taking off with, which isn't a lot in an O235 Long-EZ at 6000 D.A. with a passenger.)

--

Joe

Long-EZ 821RP

Lewiston, ID

Joe Dubner

Long-EZ, RV-8A