Building FHC canopy

I am now working on my canopy just applied Discoat similar to Spraylat and have my trim lines in place. Sanded the edges and now ready to start building the frame. :D

I have a question for the experienced FHC builders with the seperate gull wing door for the rear. How do you cut your canopy at the rear, is it a straight vertical line? Or must it be slanted to avoid interference when transitioning open or closed?

In the pic I put a red line where I intend to cut :confused:

post-673-141090161295_thumb.jpg

I am now working on my canopy just applied Discoat similar to Spraylat and have my trim lines in place. Sanded the edges and now ready to start building the frame. :D

I have a question for the experienced FHC builders with the seperate gull wing door for the rear. How do you cut your canopy at the rear, is it a straight vertical line? Or must it be slanted to avoid interference when transitioning open or closed?

In the pic I put a red line where I intend to cut :confused:

it needs to angle aft at the top if you don't the bottom corners will prevent it from opening. it also looks better with the angle

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

it needs to angle aft at the top if you don't the bottom corners will prevent it from opening. it also looks better with the angle

mine works fine but my widow is cut sq to the longs and there for looks good to the cut

you must have a string going from hinge pivit to your corner/tb.

then mark the string and try to raze it up with out hitting the tb

if your hing in lower than your t/b joint, then it will clear:p

mine took me over a year, you still at the easy part:irked:

look at my cross over for my latch

try to get lynn to show you his lock(way cooler then mine)

Steve M. Parkins

here is a shot of the front, as you can see it still has the same curve as nat wanted. there will be less lifting of the corners if there are none

if you keep the curve be sure to slant the gap and sand to a 1/8"

i did my gap 3 times as it post cured (just the micro)

post-474-141090161311_thumb.jpg

Steve M. Parkins